Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Da Bomb(s)

My latest project (thanks to my friend/s-i-l) were bath bombs.

What is that you said??? You have never heard of a bath bomb? You are clearly in the wrong place... go away.

....kidding...kidding...

Wikipedia says:


bath bomb is a hard-packed mixture of chemicals which effervesces when wet. They are used to add scent and colour to bathwater.


I say that they are just plain awesome.. and fun.

Anyway, I am somewhat obsessed.

File:Bath bombs.jpg
Bath Bombs on display at "Lush."
 I have made about 4 batches already and it is interesting to me how one little thing can completely change the whole outcome of the bombs(just like life). The funniest part is that I don't take baths nearly as often as I would like to, and don't know when I will use all of these "lush"ous (get it.. haha) bath bombs!!

Oh well, I love finding something fun and simple to make and use as gifts!!!

I used this tutorial to make them, but have found that the oil in them makes my tub sort of oily. (yes, I have used one already, but it wasn't for me, I put a bomb in the tub for my boys.. they sure thought it was cool.. and I loved how lavender-y they smelled all day).

Has anyone made these without the oil?? I am contemplating trying some with just water and glycerin instead..

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia.

5 comments:

Ashlie said...

I need to try one of these. I had no idea what they were until Kim said you guys were making them. Yours look so pretty!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Yours seriously turned out perfect!!
Cue in- don't use Olive oil in place of "any nut oil" as it doesn't cure right...
I'm giving mine away tonight to my friends. Hopefully they won't know the difference between a good looking one (yours) to something that resmebles a muffin top (mine).
Oh except for Ashlie, since she's obviously seen yours.
Always showin' me up! ;)

GustoBones said...

How in the heck do you have time to make freakin bath bombs? I need to follow you around for a day!@:)

Travis & Leslie Doman said...

looks fun! good work!

Brittany said...

Super cute! I love checkin out all the fun, crafty things your up to!