Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cowboy

What else is a preschool cowboy party for if it isn't for me to dress JJ up mercilessly?

 I love that he still goes along, but I can feel the days fast approaching when he will no longer acquiesce to my inner project runway contestant. Already it takes a lot of convincing for him to wear the items I make.

Last year, realizing it was cowboy day at school, I came up with a vest made out of a brown paper bag and duct tape. I was pretty pleased with myself, but yesterday (thanks to a giant and DELICIOUS Coke Zero), I couldn't sleep so I created this ensemble for the new and improved cowboy day.... For the 4 year old JJ.



I used some old chinos that were in my DI pile (thank goodness I never actually remember to bring that pile with me!) and the embroidery stitches on my new machine. I am happy with the result. I should have gotten better pictures!

The mustache is the best part, in my humble opinion, but OF COURSE that is the part JJ always wants to rip off!!


I did not finish the edges or anything, because I was committed to making this a 30 minute OR LESS project! When I washed the "frays" got really curly. Oh well!

I love my liddle pardner. I also love dress ups. Win-Win.

3 comments:

shayna said...

Gooooo Coke Zero!!!!

Travis & Leslie Doman said...

He is a hansom cowboy for sure!

Nesting with Grace said...

you are on fire! I want your sewing machine!! Can I have it?? ha!