Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get your Craft On.


The most I can muster for a post today is a little diddy I sewed up yesterday. Another craft day with some friends left me feeling inspired so I took some old sweatpants and made this DVD tote for JJ to take on our upcoming trip to the Pacific NW.

I still need to add some velcro for the closure, but it was fun to turn something from the DI pile into something usable and cute!

P.S. This was my first experience with creating a stencil from a picture (so don't look too closely!) and with stenciling on fabric. I used contac paper, google image search, some left over black paint, and an exacto knife. This bag was 100% FREE! LOVE. IT.

7 comments:

The Blanchards said...

Well little miss crafty!!!! That looks great! Hope it gets lots of use on your upcomming trip.

Ashlie said...

So much fun and darling! Dang it! I just took a huge bag to the DI. There were some pink sweatpants that would have made a darling bag.

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

super cute...I've been wanting to make a tote for quite some time now...

KiMnRoB said...

A bird w/ headphones. SO YOU!!
I love it! Love you!

Gustogirl said...

Like making the bag from old sweatpants isn't impressive enough, you make the stencil too!!! Love the bag and love you!

jayna said...

Martha would be proud!

Deaconsmommy said...

I thought I already commented about this! Guess I just thought in my head how cute it was. Love the headphones on the birdie. Adorable!