Thursday, September 10, 2009

on being (un) productive

Ya know how some weeks fly by and you sit back and congratulate yourself on the progress you made in ____ ( fill in the blank)?? I remember this feeling when I worked ... for money. I would think... "so glad I got that sale, or finally made my payout.." or whatev. THIS week has Definitely NOT BEEN THAT WEEK. Each morning I think today is the day I will mop, shower, or organize the room... Each night I go to bed, head hung low... no progress on my "To Do" list...promising myself that tomorrow is a new day. I don't know what it is?? I love to be productive, somehow the recovery from summer has taken longer than usual, and when I dig out from the literal mountain of clean laundry I have to fold.. the inch of dust on every cranny of my home, and the empty fridge that longs to be filled, I will return with slightly more optimism. For now, here is a picture of the seriously gorgeous cake I made for Jeremy's birthday .. I have to admit that I over sold it a bit, and the taste was just okay...

6 comments:

Deaconsmommy said...

At least the laundry in your pile is clean. Next week will be better I know it. AND you have a fluffy chicken baby to look forward to!

KiMnRoB said...

Please.
That cake was AMAZING. I loved it!
It's not an easy task taking on baked from scratch cakes.
Consider yourself PRODUCTIVE!

Nesting with Grace said...

I thought it tasted as good as it looked! And did you make another 1? That looks different the the one I ate I don't remember the strawberies :) huh...did ya?? that is a lot of work! And I think you are amazing! So glad you are my friend!

pinkmorning said...

does cheering up a sister count as being productive? haha. thanks for helping me with audrey today. i think it might be a few months before audrey goes to the movies again, haha.

Jones Family said...

I want a piece!!! That looks so beautiful.

Gustogirl said...

That is the story of motherhood I think. I don't feel really productive very often because everything I do seems to get undone in seconds. The cake looks gorgeous and I am sure that it tasted divine. When I move there(haha, like that will ever happen) we can have a cleaning day. I will come to your house and scrub, then the next week, you can scrub at my house!:)