Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ode to My Man

Crazy, I know.. two posts in as many days. What can I say? I am inspired.
I am posting because it is My husband, Jeremy's birthday tomorrow and since I pretty much bunted his 30th birthday (I was busy puking up pregnancy hormones), I want this year to be a home run! I typically shy away from the gushily sweet as honey posts about husbands found on blogs web-wide... not to rude, but that sort of makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Do what you want on your blog, but you won't see much of that here. It is just how I roll.
However, I am making a grand exception as I feel that a semi-public pronouncement of my love is in order. Almost ten years ago I met him, and was almost immediately smitten. I was young and so was he and we took a giant gamble on each other when we decided to get hitched. This leap of faith has paid off big time. Jeremy is kind, fun, humble (ish), thoughtful, talented, ambitious, funny, and strong. He has many passions, but my favorite is his passion for parenthood. He is really an incredible father and I am not going to pretend that I didn't wish JJ loved me half as much as he worships him. He is a patient and tender dad to our boys, and I know our family is his top priority. I love him. Our life together has been an adventure, so far. He is a problem-solver, and I admire his ability to stay positive through bumps in the road. (not ACTUAL bumps in the road, he hates my driving...). Anyway, thanks for all of our fun memories, can't wait to make more!


Happy Birthday babe, (if you made it through this post).

9 comments:

emily said...

happy bday!!
p.s. i totally remember your wedding day. :)

KiMnRoB said...

Happy Birthday Jeremy Tomsick Sr.!
See you guys tonight!

KiMnRoB said...

Ps. this post gave me a lump in my throat. SEE! I can't even READ "I'm glad you were born" without crying. I'm the biggest pansy...

Gustogirl said...

Happy Birthday to your man!! That chocolate frosting mustache has got to go. He looks like he belongs in tight leather pants riding a motorcycle, oh ya and like he's about 50! Hahaha, good thing he normally doesn't sport facial hair. So glad he was born too!!

pinkmorning said...

happy "i'm glad you were born" day Jeremy!

jayna said...

It is funny to think that I met Jeremy when he was first in love with you...driving up to go sledding with you! A little public shout out never hurt anyone... I'm sure he'll love this post. You guys are cute!

megan&steve said...

Happy belated Birthday! I remember when it all began... a grocery store glimpse of your man.

thekirnancrib said...

sooo sweet!

Nesting with Grace said...

sick....no really you are funny! And what a sexy wedding picture hahaha!
I am glad Jermey had a b-day so we could enjoy his b-day too! LOVED the tacos! They were the BEST! I think you really made up for the throw up!