Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We are so Spontaneous...

On Friday night I got an excited call from my Northwest-based sister. She told me that she had access to two FREE buddy passes, but they were only good for travel before the end of July. 48 hours I found myself on a plane with my two kids headed for a visit. We had the most fun (as we always do), playing on the beach, watching free movies, and setting some kind of record in salt water taffy purchasing/gorging. It was a brief and spontaneous break from reality before the stresses of August set in. I LOVE summer!!!

JJ and Joel were best buddies, but the funniest moments came when they bonked heads, or made up from slapping matches. They both kept up pretty well with their potty usage. JJ stole hearts on the flight asking everyone if they were going to see their cousins too and if they were "having a nice time."

Brody was such a trooper on the flight out there too, and the whole time we were there.. especially since he has one terrible case of the flu (I am not going to say Swine, but I think that is just the kind it is). He is such a cutie pie.. full of smiles and giggles for everyone. He LOVED the sand on the beach. He kept reaching down for more and more handfuls. He is pretty confident at sitting up these days and continues to gnaw his fingers endlessly.

Here the cousins (minus Brody) having a picnic before heading down to Cannon Beach.
Brody and Mama with lovely "beach hair," (sidenote: how much do I love my hotsling?? this much.)
If you are thinking this beach looks familiar, then you are a child of the eighties baby! It is the Goonies rock! The whole time Laura and I were humming the theme song.. made fresh in our memories by watching Goonies the night before we went in preparation. Ahhh.. cheesy sister moments!

All of us swimming at Kleinline Pond. Good times!
What is better than getting to spend a few days with your sister and letting the cousins play together?? When you can do it ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

All in all it was a great trip! ps... Laura, why no pictures of us together???

6 comments:

emily said...

too fun. i love sister time, baby time and the beach!!

KiMnRoB said...

I feel awful about Brody boy...

jayna said...

That's no fun about a sick baby--but he looked adorable in his little swim wear!

Gustogirl said...

I got home from camping and was missing not having you guys hers.

Preemie Miracle said...

We had the "swine" here in june. After we went to utah to! Gee, must be in the water. Glad he is feeling better. Fun trip. I want to go to the beach!

KiMnRoB said...

You have done more things this summer than anyone else I know... where are the updates? GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO AT WORK! ;)