Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Celebrating America



For the Fourth of July we ventured East to Northern Virginia to stay with my parents and celebrate the holiday. We had such a good time and kept ourselves busy. I love the DC area.. there is always something fun to do. Here is a short recap.
We celebrated Audrey's first Birthday. JJ wanted a pink party hat, because he "really loves pink."
Here are the boys Joel and JJ. They had such a good time together.
Me and Jer at the Smithsonian. I LOVE museums. We were trying to convince JJ it was ok to come over and stand by the elephant. After seeing "Night at the Museum," I think he was a little scared that this guy was going to come to life any minute...
Brody sure makes a cute tiger. He was his usual calm and well-behaved boy the whole trip!! Slept a lot..
Paddle boats at Tidal Basin. Best view of Jefferson Memorial. Notice JJ's "thumbs up." These were actually quite a workout...
JJ and Audrey picked right up where they left off a few months ago. She was an absolute doll!!!
The fam at the DC temple. There was the coolest display from Nasa in the visitors Center. They were pictures from the Hubble telescope of deep space.. Incredible! We had some tired boys though. Don't mind my face in this pic... Don't know what that was...
Jeremy also saw Tiger Woods at the AT&T National tournament, we went shopping, to Busch Gardens, and got some family pictures. All in all a fun midsummer family vaca! Now for recovery....

10 comments:

emily said...

you're right, there is always something fun to do around here!! i'm glad y'all had a lovely time :)

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

looks like loads of fun! I'm glad jj really likes pink:)

megan&steve said...

vacation to d.c & family time was jammed packed! really cute pictures, Rach. I'm coming to Ut this weekend for a few weeks & want to hangout if you are around!

jayna said...

Super cute! Love the boys in that last one! Someday I'll make it out there- it sounds amazing!

lys said...

Jealous.

Gustogirl said...

Cute pics. We had so much fun with you guys.

Natalie said...

That's how Wes does "thumbs up" too. I love it. I'm loving this age so far!

pinkmorning said...

it was so fun to spend time with you. glad you had a good time. love the pics!

Kelsie said...

So fun! I wish I had an excuse to visit D.C. more often--I love it out there!

KiMnRoB said...

I have so much to say about these...
1) Love the flag pic of the cuzzies. So festive!
2) I LOVE that JJ loves pink! A boy after my own heart!
3) ARE JJ AND JOEL 14?????? WTH is up with them looking like MEN in that picture?
4) Ok, Brody is the cutest tiger I have EVER SEEN! I'm stealing this pic.
5) Thumbs up! hahahahaha!!!! Funniest kid ever!

Sorry for the all the comments, but you asked for it by posting pictures I can't help but LOVE!