Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The little French Pastry

JJ has a new love.  For the past two and a half days my two and half year old keeps saying, "that was a FUN PARTY mom.  With the eclairs and the blessing."  He must of had about 4 of the little pastries with all the family around spoiling him and me busy "entertaining." He absolutely LOVED them!
I think it is so cute as I have always loved them too.  My mom always did such a great job making special occasions formal and fancy.  We had eclairs only at baby blessings and baptism parties for the most part and I remember seeing those pink Carol's Cakes boxes in our fridge.  Despite the fact that Jeremy doesn't like them (I can't understand it, and I only recently found out), I like the idea of carrying on my mom's tradition.  Sorry, Jer.. Now that JJ is pretty firmly on my side when it comes to "hot dog buns with chocolate frosting"(yes, that is what he called them), I think that we will continue to get them once every couple of years or so... as the occasion permits. 

11 comments:

KiMnRoB said...

You torture me with a picture like that...
I can hear JJ saying those things about the party, LOVE HIM! And also love those chocolate covered hot dog buns w/ frosting in them. Aaaaahhhh I die!!

Ashlie said...

All that food looks so amazing! I totally agree with JJ...hot dog buns with chocolate frosting are the bestest!!

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

hilarious! love the hot dog buns!

megan&steve said...

Mmmmmm. JJ has a sweet tooth

thekirnancrib said...

yum! now I want chocolate....

Gustogirl said...

I love Eclairs too. Especially the ones from Carol's. You are lucky you have access to them. The frozen ones from Costco are just not the same!!

Grant * Kami * Addi said...

I love how he calls them hot dog buns w/ chocolate frosting. He is such a QT. I don't think Addi could have found a cuter, more intelligent man if she tried. We had so much fun w/ JJ and Brody the other day at the basketball game, I am so glad they were able to come!!!

Paul said...

What a spread! It all looks so good! He looks so cute in his blessing outfit too!

Thelissa

pinkmorning said...

mmm, i love those things. memories...chocolate covered memories...mmm.

Deacons Mommy said...

I LOVE ECLAIRS!!! I totally requested Angie to have them for my baby shower when I was pregnant. SO GOOD.

CoreyandShanda said...

I totally remember coming over to your house for a family get together and without fail there would be eclairs!!! And your mom's pasta salad, which is so good as well! Yum!