Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blessed



Today was such a special day in our family! We blessed Brody Lyle and celebrated his birth.  At least that is how I always view baby blessings.  Brody has been such an AMAZING addition to our little family.  Brody is now sleeping all the way through the night pretty consistently and I feel like it is a total gift to his mama as I am able to sleep as well.  He has such a pleasant and calm demeanor, he rarely cries and smiles easily.  He just melts my heart.  

As Jeremy gave him his blessing I felt so full of joy to be surrounded by so many people who support us.  It may be easy to feel lonely with so much of my family out of state now (the recent departure of my sweet Julie really hit home today as she and her family would have undoubtedly joined us for the festivities), however I always feel like I have friends and family to lean on. It meant so much to us to have so many of them come. 

I understand that my blog has become rather mooshy and mothery, but that is basically who I am these days.... a worn out mother of two who does it all for love.

PS. I had my dad take pictures of the food because I thought the fruit looked so pretty! It totally got me excited for spring! Little did I know my dad would take like 30 pictures of it!! haha. 

11 comments:

KiMnRoB said...

Your dad said he took over 200 pictures of the event! WOW!! And that fruit and the dip... AMAZING. Thanks for all the leftovers! So glad we could be there. Jeremy did awesome. Couldn't have been a more beautiful blessing.

Gustogirl said...

I love that family pic on the couch. JJ is HUGE! He is getting so big and then put him next to little Brody, he even looks more grown up. Brody is such a doll. I love the major cheeks and chin!!

Gustogirl said...

Oh, and the food looks fabulous!!! I wish we were coming today!

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

congrats on the baby blessing. lovin the little baby tux. what a cutie.

Silly Little White Girls said...

He is so sweet ... I love that little tuxedo. What a happy day ...

emily p said...

your dad and my dad must be related... since my dad loves taking pictures of the food too, or more so, taking picture of people eating food!!
i think Brody is so cute and looks a lot like you!

megan&steve said...

Sweet little Brody in his white tux! I remember that one or a similar one for JJ's blessing.
P.s. Little Jake and I are coming to Utah april 1-8th and I;d love to see you & meet little Brody!

pinkmorning said...

i agree with Emily, Brody looks so much like you Rachel. i started crying when i read this post. i really wish we could have been there. everything looks beautiful, your house, the food, your family. thanks again for being so thoughtful. i miss you so much.

thekirnancrib said...

what beautiful pictures. Brody is so gorgeous!

lys said...

I probably would have taken 30 pictures of the fruit too! ;)

Such handsome boys!!

jayna said...

So lovely. And the little white suit just melts me! I am so happy that nice families are out there raising good boys for my girls to marry at Ricks someday! :)