Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life.

Check me out on my unintentional blogging hiatus. Wow, I just can't get my crap together. Don't fret, bloggers, it isn't just this measely site suffering.... You should see my laundry pile... and don't even ask how long it took me to read the book club book.. Whew-ee.
Anyway, we survived the first 6 weeks of Brody's life with all of its sleepless nights and too-short days. JJ continues to adjust to life as a sibling. He has boundless energy, so the homebound days we have spent have been a little tyring for him especially. Thank goodness for the nice weather we enjoyed here and there. We just got his darling newborn shots back from Jeremy's cousin's wife and I am trying to decide which ones to frame. Here are a few...
JJ is equal parts mom and dad: transitioning from singing Mama Mia to hitting "home runs" in the family room.
Recently I brought out our video camera to capture Brody in all his newborn glory and I flipped through some of our old family footage (I use the word "old" loosely since with young children, times change fast), and I couldn't believe how little JJ was. I vowed to capture more video as it will be priceless to me in years to come! They change so quickly.

Videos to come...

13 comments:

Ashlie said...

Those pictures are so amazing. He is such a little doll. So sad, but I won't be at book club this week. See you guys next time!

Thelissa said...

Love his blue eyes in the first!

thekirnancrib said...

those pictures are AWESOME! I've missed you!!

lys said...

Precious pictures. I love the first one-- everything about it is perfect.

Rachel said...

Love the pictures...the first one is my favorite.
I so remember the first blurred weeks after bringing baby number 2 home. It seems fuzzy and long ago now that the baby is tearing around here as a 4 year old. Perfect post title!

Gustogirl said...

So cute. I especially love that first picture!

emily said...

congrats again. he looks like such a healthy, beautiful boy!!

KiMnRoB said...

How cute is this little guy?!? I love him!! And the towell picture is presh. He looks so snuggly.
Rob showed me the video of JJ hitting the baseball- he's already a star!!

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

love mamma mia and the home runs, I gotta see that. number one is really cute. See you tonight!

Beanie said...

Ana misses Brody and JJ. These photos are keepers.

megan&steve said...

I love these tiny little pictures! Brody is adorable! Our little girl is due June 3rd. Living in AZ I will be huge & sweaty & ready for her to come!

LindsSawyer said...

Cute lil boys! Gotta love lil JJ's energy always something funny to say! What a cute fam of FOUR~!

Grant * Kami * Addi said...

The pics are so darn cute!!! I would have a hard time picking just one to frame also! ;) Don't worry about the laundry...you will have plenty of days left in your life to do the laundry...you only have a few days in your life to enjoy your kids at this age!!! If you need a get away, there is always my house...I know that it's far away, but you are always welcome. Addi would love to see JJ!!!