Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ho HO HO

I love Jeremy's extended family. It is so fun when we all get together, cute kids and good times abound. Every year my mother in law throws a Christmas party and invites Santa Himself to come!
Much to my dismay, JJ wasn't feeling it this year (see first picture..). My typically outgoing child clammed right up at the sight of the old jolly fellow. These are about the best pictures I could get (man, it seems like I say that a lot.. perhaps it is just the photographer?? hmmm...). I would have FORCED JJ onto his lap and snapped a screaming picture if it would have just been me there.... We finally got him pretty close on Grandmas knee on the stairs. Anyway, as he has been doing all season, JJ just asked for candy (big shocker), but when pressed also requested toys "like mm.. trucks.. or sompeeng" (in his own words). I guess I should just live it up this year since I am sure the Christmases just around the corner will come with wishes of Wiis or golf clubs... all of which are much pricier than candy.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Well those Christmases may be farther away than you think...my 7 year old son also asked Santa for candy this year. My 4 year old daughter on the other hand, asked for a dress. I may be in trouble with that one. But your boys should be good with the hot wheels or sompeeng for a few years yet!

pinkmorning said...

haha, when i ask audrey what she wants, all she does is squeal with delight. we are taking audrey to see santa tomorrow night in provo. maria found a santa who still dresses in the traditional outfit there with the hat and everything. thanks for the "name that tune" idea with the giant candy bar prizes. it was a hit!

KiMnRoB said...

That first pic is a classic!
But what I'm wondering is why you didn't make it a duet while playing that song on the piano for Ken's daughter?
All the more "Christmassy" when more people chime in!

zealygirl said...

JLP had a hard time with Santa this year, as well.

I love how even the bag of goodies isn't enough to lure JJ there. At least he has healthy 'stranger danger'...

LindsSawyer said...

Can't beleive JJ is not into Santa this year...He will talk to ANYONE! Have you seen Ellen's Bad Santa pics on her show this week? Send it in!

megan&steve said...

Arms folded & all. He isn't going to budge. His requests are simple this year! Very nice!

CoreyandShanda said...

I love that top pic...he is so cute! I think candy is a perfect Christmas present! :)

Nesting with Grace said...

how funny...I need to take Ella to see what she will do! Your still here? Haven't you had that baby yet :) ahahah I hate that question!