Thursday, December 4, 2008

Advent.

Christmas is my FAV and I have always loved the anticipation that comes along with counting down the days leading up to it! I got this crafty idea from Julie, and it has been so much fun so far this month to open each day with JJ. He loves eating the Dove chocolates I tucked inside. There is also a scripture each day that relates the timelines beofre the birth of Christ. It is fun to have something that I made be such a part of our holiday this year! Thanks for the idea Jules!

12 comments:

KiMnRoB said...

I love it! So festive. And not edible besides what's in the boxes. Keep it way from the candy monster!

zealygirl said...

Yours turned out so well! I love it. We are going to pull out our Christmas decor today, so JLP will get to start his Advent.

Rachel said...

very cute. I need an advent calendar. I have never had one. I especially like the idea of having one with verses.

Gustogirl said...

Crafty, crafty!

Silly Little White Girls said...

So cute! If only I were a little more skilled in that area ...

~NICKY~ said...

i tagged you, check out my blog

LindsSawyer said...

IT TURNED OUT GREAT! LOVE IT! LETS GET THAT BABY HERE! How about Total Conditioning next week to send you right into labor? HA!

Connie Weiss said...

We have an Advent box this year and the kids are loving the little kiss inside the box each day. Thanks for the idea of putting a scripture in too. I will do that next year when they understand better.

mandy said...

That is such a darling idea. This year I also did a fun little Christmas countdown. I wrapped all of our christmas books and my kids open one every night before bed and we read it. My kids have loved it. We will probably see ya saturday.

Thelissa said...

I wan to make one! Do you have the instructions? So cute!

Nap Warden said...

Very cute!

Deacons Mommy said...

Tell me how!