Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nesting Part Deux

One major upside to pregnancy is the nesting hormone. Somehow amid the sleepless nights, the constant fatigue, and nausea, you find a way to scour your baseboards, dust your ceiling fans, and in my case this last weekend organize those overstuffed closets in my house.

We started by cleaning out our garage on Saturday. Love that the in laws have a fancy power washer for the nasty garage floor. We then bought some shelving and got all our stuff off the floor and up onto shelves.
Inspired by Brooke, I got together some baskets I already had, purchased some inexpensive boxes from IKEA and used my label maker to clearly mark what is in each one (crafting, cords and manuals, gift wrapping, etc). She wraps her shelves in fabric, so I am going to do that too, but I haven't had a chance to get that far. Holy cow, I can't believe how much bigger my house seems just with these two changes. Next up.. Food Storage!
(seriously.. there aren't before pictures because it was absolutely mortifying!)

13 comments:

Thelissa said...

How do you wrap your shelves in fabric? I want to see that when you're done too! Sounds cute! The closet looks great!

CoreyandShanda said...

I need to hit Ikea! I love their boxes! Good Job!!! :)
Have you heard any news on Novembers book club?

Gustogirl said...

Your closet looks A-Mazing!! LOVE it, love it, love it. You weren't kidding!!

LindsSawyer said...

Oooo La La love the closet organizing. The closet really looks great. Do you feel like a new woman? Why is it that organizing closets and drawers gives on such a sense of accomplishment? Love it!

zealygirl said...

Wow! That looks awesome!

I love the feeling of having SOMETHING clean, even if it isn't the whole house.

pinkmorning said...

looks great Rach! those boxes are so cute. i don't know where you get all your energy from!

Silly Little White Girls said...

So do you want to come do my closets, next? :) It looks great!

KiMnRoB said...

That looks great!
Where did you buy the broom/brush holder thing? I need one of those!
And those boxes are darling.

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

i'm jealous over your very clean closet! and BTW I wish I could have seen batman in actions "to the bat cave" that is classic!

Jones Family said...

Oh what beauty! Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Travis & Leslie Doman said...

WOW, you got it bad, but it's def. a good thing do it now before you have two little ones and you won't have any time! well I really need to do that, where do i start, my house is complete chaos. still counting down the days till twilight, see you then.

Nesting with Grace said...

WOW! I love how you painted the wall behind blue...I was going to do that but thought too much work! Now I CAN look in your closets :)
oh nesting is the BEST!

Rachel said...

That looks soooo good---it makes me all tingly and excited....I love organizing!
I also love nesting because I never get so much done any other time. That is probably the real reason I have two and want more ;)