Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sticker Charts

There is no doubt that the twos can indeed be terrible so when daddy went to Arizona for a few days at the beginning of the week, I had to think of some way to help JJ to behave himself.

I talked to a friend and she swears by sticker charts. Sure, her girls are a little older.. and well they are girls, but I thought I would give it a try. We went to the store and JJ picked out 3 different kinds of stickers.
Here is a picture of JJ with his completed reward row! (it looks like he thinks it is lame, but he really does LOVE it, he has just mastered the "a tad too cool for this" look).

After each rows, he gets a little prize, and this time it was a "grow your own monsters" kit from the Target dollar spot.
Wish you could hear him because is is yelling "THEY'RE GROWING MOMM!!" Adorable. So far, this chart idea has really worked for us.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

the fisrst picture is priceless!

Uncle Rob

Emily said...

I love the Target dollar bin. Such a good idea! JJ is adorable.

KiMnRoB said...

I was trying to maximize the top pic to see which stickers he picked out! Doesn't work...
And I agree with my man, that top pic? JJ couldn't be any more handsome.

LindsSawyer said...

My sis-in-law is a BIG fan of the sticker chart and seems to work well for her. JJ has definitely mastered the too cool for school look! Funny!

Jones Family said...

Totally mastered the "I'm too cool!" I got Hannah to potty train with a sticker chart. Now we are on to beads. Same idea though.

Would you consider this bribery or incentives?
What's the difference?

jayna said...

Seriously- the picture is CLASSIC! So cute.

Thelissa said...

I am a big fan of sticker charts as well! They've helped my kids with potty training especially. Hope he does well with them.

Gustogirl said...

Anything to help in the behavior department! 2 year olds can be such a handful at times!! JJ is adorable!

Maurine said...

These pictures are so fun.

zealygirl said...

I don't have such big problems with behavior (yet, crossing my fingers), mine just runs all over ALL the time.

I'd look so much better if I ran all day, too :)

Shelf said...

I am going to have to try the chart idea. I thought 2 might be to young for them to understand but it is worth a shot!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Realllly, you don't say? I am SO going to try this Rachel. And I love this little guy, what a cutie in his Ralphie shirt and big smirk!