Monday, September 8, 2008

Super Why

No, it isn't a bird, or a plane... the hands down favorite super hero around here is Super Why.. with the power to read. We saw this show once and JJ was hooked. I have to say that I think it is darling as well. It is on PBS, has cute songs and characters, and focuses on early reading skills. Since we started watching Super Why, JJ has been obsessed with his "abc's," we even put up a magnet board in his room with magnetic letters and he loves to take them off and ask "what's this," to which we reply the name of the letter and the sound it makes. I love it!

Thanks Super Why.

The other cute thing is listening to his little voice sing the "Super Why.. with the super readers," song.

Love it.

12 comments:

LindsSawyer said...

I'm pretty sure JJ is the next Einstein so smart. Cute!

Nap Warden said...

This is Miss Peach's favorite show. She is watching it right now:)

Linds said...

Super Why is great as long as you turn the tv or change the channel once it's over, Dragon Tales sucks.

jayna said...

I do so enjoy PBS programming, especially since we don't have cable. LOVE Super Why. HATE Caillou. (Dragon Tales isn't great, but that whiny CAILLOU drives me nuts!)

Thelissa said...

We love this at our house too!

Gustogirl said...

Super Why is a favorite at our house too(well, with J) We used to live for Dragon Tales, now its Super Why!

lys said...

My little boy only sings the ABC's the Alpha Pig way!

Rachel said...

My daughter LOVES it as well...much to the disdain of my son---who at 7, believes he is way too mature for this show...

Josie said...

Rachel- Every once in a while I have to look in at your blog because quite frankly you crack me up. I LAUGHED at this post because I'm going through the exact same thing at my house. Elle LOVES this show and sings it's little theme song all day...which then in turn means I sing the little theme song all day. It's better than the doodle bops. - Josie

CoreyandShanda said...

Yay for a show that promotes early reading skills!!! It sounds really cute!

Jones Family said...

That's a favorite around here too. Hannah has a lot of different powers... the power to put her laundry away... the power to do whatever I want her to do.

I love it... the power to read!!!

Shelf said...

Apparently I am out of the loop on this one. I guess that is what I get for work all day!! What time is this show on? I would really like Talyn to watch it, it sounds great.