Thursday, September 4, 2008

Seriously Miss Blogging

Just got back from the "down there doc" and nothing but good news to report. I brought JJ with me to this appointment so I could stop begging babysitting hours from the in laws, and he loved hearing Baby Bruder's heartbeat. It freaked him out a bit when I had to lay down so they could do the doppler, but he just held my hand, ate his cookies and SURVIVED. I think that he was relieved that it wasn't him up there and that there were no shots or Medical Assistants in cartoon covered scrubs in sight.

I am measuring about two weeks ahead (totally meaningless) and asked the doctor to schedule a December induction for health care reasons. Since I am due January 1, he basically told me that we are of one mind on that one. Whew. Here is to little Rudolph.. I am fine with almost anyday but Christmas or Christmas Eve..

In other boring news.. is anyone as excited for Fall as I am this year?? The weather here has been a little brisk lately and has gotten me pumped for all the fun Autumn activities.

PS.. let me see if I am crazy or normal.. I want new bedding for the new baby. I am not getting anything else new (besides some sleepers, and maybe some blankets, etc) but I want a different nursery and I am only thinking of getting a crib skirt and bumper anyway so it will be pretty cheap. Husband thinks that is crazy and is set on just using the old stuff. Help me out on this one!

15 comments:

Nap Warden said...

You know, I had this issue when baby #2 came along. I wanted new things so this baby felt special. I just wanted The Little Man to have his digs.
I think you should get some new things, it will make you happy:)

KiMnRoB said...

New baby makes for new nursery which makes for NEW BEDDING.
Baby bruder deserves a whole new "feel". I say get it!
Or you being the next Martha should attempt to make it yourself? Here's to December!

thekirnancrib said...

new baby, new stuff! that's what I say, even if it's your 4th or more! the "baby bruder" is so cute, have you picked a (real) name? if so are you going to share? I can't believe you are so far along already!!!!!

thekirnancrib said...

wow Kim, we were writing & thinking the same thing at the exact same time... creeeeepyyyyy

pinkmorning said...

i am all for new stuff! i can't wait for december! audrey is excited to meet her new cuzzy!

Deacons Mommy said...

Not crazy at all, new baby, new bedding. He will have tons of hand me downs in his life, let the new baby have his very own bedding I say!

Nesting with Grace said...

You know what I say to the new bedding....DUH! Even just mixing in the old with the new will add some fun new life and make it special!

LindsSawyer said...

Girl you know I am for any excuse to buy something new but this one is valid. Lil brother needs new bedding.....PS Love the Nursery you do such a good job with your house....always something new you and Brooke have decorating ADD!

Gustogirl said...

Glad to hear that things are going well with baby brudder. I think you are normal to want different stuff. I actually used the same beddding with #2, but that is because I got everything else new because he was a different sex. I say get the new bedding, ESPECIALLY since you aren't getting very many other new things for him.

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

I'm already sick of Owen's bedding, so of course I say, get new bedding for the new baby! I can just picture JJ feeling like such a big boy taking his mommy to the doctor. haha.

Travis & Leslie Doman said...

Yes new bedding I feel like each baby should have his or her own special stuff, why not go all out for the second as you did the first! come on Jeremy is he any less important!!! just kidding, but it's just so much fun to go through the motions again!! love ya LES

Thelissa said...

OK, maybe you can get a compromise on this one. Tell him you want new stuff, but you'll find it cheaper on KSL.com. A lot of people list new sets in the baby section. Sometimes cute pottery barn stuff. Maybe he'd go for that idea?

Grant * Kami * Addi said...

It has been so much fun going to the b-ball games and watching JJ and Addi play!!! He is such a sweet heart! I have more fun watching them then I do watching the ball game. :o) So on to the bedding... I would go for it, especially when you just getting a couple of new things not the whole set. Another point is how often do you get to spoil a new born (even if it's more for you than the baby), not often enough in my eyes!!! Good luck with convincing Jeremy.

Linds said...

New bedding will be refreshing, and it won't break the bank. :)

Jones Family said...

Remember when daddy bought himself a GPS system without telling you? Yea... I think a bumber and crib skirt is fine when you compare the cost of a new driver... you know!!!

PS. Hannah freaked out when the docta put the doppler on my tummy too. It's so sweet how JJ is protective of his baby bruder! I just love.... "baby bruder"