Friday, September 26, 2008

Sensitive Much?

Last week I was upstairs getting some reading done/enjoying me time when I heard a crash that can only come from a house with a toddler running loose. I ran downstairs fearing blood gushing from an open wound, broken limbs.. etc. I saw a sheepish-looking Jeremy who said.. "I..uh.. dropped the remote. (I know the sound of a remote falling.. and that DEFINITELY was not the crash that drew me from my book). He then said.. and I broke the cabinet.

That is right our cabinets are seriously busted, yo. The worst part was not our darling, spirited toddler, but his rowdy father did the deed. I just went outside, sat on the step in the garage and started crying (combo of preg hormones/cleaning all day just to have messes to clean up/husband just laughing). A concerned little JJ, quickly came out to tell me that "daddy broke that,""how is your day goin?" and "daddy is in trouble, huh?" It was sort of hard to stay mad after that. I mean, could JJ be more hilarious? Or have a better dad?? The cabinet broke while Jeremy was playing with his son. Although, I wish they were more careful, I am happy that JJ has such an adoring father.

But it got worse....
A few days later I went to the glass candy pumpkin for a few yummy dark m & ms when I saw a strategically-placed lid that had clearly and unceremoniously been broken in half. I picked up what remained of the lid and turned to my husband. He just said.. "when I broke that, I felt so bad, I didn't know what to do."

Apparently telling me, replacing it, or cleaning up the broken glass didn't top that list.

It was okay.. It is like a 9 dollar candy jar, but the events of this week have left me wondering if instead of baby proofing, I should be husband proofing?? What will I do with THREE BOYS running around this place???

12 comments:

LindsSawyer said...

Cute stories...UMM 3 boys equals no glass, ceramic, porcelin, etc. Good luck on the new accesory search! HA!

KiMnRoB said...

I LOVED that story.
I thought it was cute how Jer didn't want to get "in trouble" and how sweet it was of JJ to be so concerned about you.
You sure do live w/ some great boys.
I know you'll do amazing keeping the house up w/ all 3 of them.
And OH MY GOSH it just hit me- You will be living with 3 MALES in a few months...

pinkmorning said...

oh babe, if i knew where our glass pumpkin candy jar was i would give it to you. i bought it in 2006 and we didn't even pull it out last year. i just didn't have any where to put it. i think it may have gotten lost in our move here though because it isn't with our fall decorations...i will let you know if i see it. i think they have them pretty cheap at walgreens...that is where i got mine...

zealygirl said...

At our recent ward activity I included "the crazy boys are mine" on my name tag...and I meant all three of them. It's a party!

Deacons Mommy said...

Oh I identify all too well. At least three boys means: never having to kill a spider, mow the lawn or lift a heavy box.Hopefully.

Jones Family said...

BTW... we have the same colors on our blog. We both must be feeling "autumnie"

JJ is so sweet coming to soothe you in the garage. I would be pissed if Kevin broke my pumpkin jar. You work so hard to get and keep your house clean and decorate it all nice and they come in right behind you making a mess of it all!

Great blog... thanks for the laugh on your behalf.

Gustogirl said...

"SEE, THIS IS WHY WE DON'T HAVE NICE THINGS!":) Hahahahaha

Mrs. Mathis said...

Hey there! Thanks!

I bought the fabric at JoAnn Fabric in thier back section for couch and home fabrics.

I am pretty sure they still have it.

As for the brown, it is just simple brown fabric for the skirt and ties on the bumper.

The bed sheet (fitted) is from Babies R' Us.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Glass is made for the breaking, no?

Emily said...

i love the sheepish husband response. and i love your blog! congrats on the upcoming baby :)

Beanie said...

Funny. I especially liked the part where you listed all the other things he could have done when he "felt so bad."

Nap Warden said...

Oh girl...three boys! Hmmm...upside...the lawn will always be mowed? Garbage will always be taken out? I'm trying here!