Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chubby Cheeks and Mommy-gush.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for another ultrasound (they needed a clearer picture of the umbilical cord), my glucose/orange drink test, and just a regular-pee on the stick-weigh me- and charge me checkup.

I was over the moon to see my little boy's face from the ultrasound. When she caught a quick peek, I saw the cutest little chubby cheeks ever (sorry seriouslysoblessed... there is a the hottest fetus growing up in here ), I got all giggly because I LOVE JJ's cubby cheeks.. and he has had them since birth. It was fun to start imagining what this sweet new baby will actually look like.. maybe his brother, but perhaps not!

When I went out to schedule my appointment they informed me this would be the last time I set a regular 4 week check up.. Next time I go to 2 weeks!!
That struck a nerve... this baby is seriously on his way! This pregnancy has been somewhat of a trial for me as I have spent much of it bent over the toilet puking, and the rest of it not feeling quite myself (welcome to pregnancy, right?). For some reason that appointment scheduler struck a nerve and her combined with those chubby cheeks just got me all excited to be a new mom again.

Okay.. I am going to get all gushy...

I love basking in the miracle of a new baby. I love nursing. I love cuddling with an infant who is totally innocent, fresh, and soft. It is hard to imagine loving another child as much as I love JJ, but I just know that this little one has already started to increase my capacity for love. This morning when I was lying in bed feeling his kicks in my belly, I just couldn't wait to kiss his little cheeks!! Mostly it will be so amazing to watch JJ become a brother... I adore my siblings and think that the best gift my mom ever gave me was them.

Here is to baby fat!

9 comments:

pinkmorning said...

i am so excited for you Rach! i miss feeling audrey kick from the inside. that was by far my favorite part of pregnancy, feeling her inside me...can't wait to see what baby brudder is going to look like!

megan&steve said...

Little babies are the best. JJ will be such a great big brother. I'm so excited for the 4 of you!

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

What a cute post. It will be fun to see you experience becoming "mother of two". I once heard it put perfectly...your love is not divided, it is multiplied.

thekirnancrib said...

Soooo sweet! Does brudder have a name yet?

Jones Family said...

I love chubby babies!!! Chubby cheeks with those fat rolls on the delicious thighs and forearms. Yumm... JJ and "baby bruder" are going to be like Daddy and Uncle Robert!

Beanie said...

There is no excitement quite like the one you describe. I'm so excited.

Nesting with Grace said...

I can't believe it is so soon! You don't even look prego. That is so sweet, that is the best gift is to give your child brothers and sisters :) You know I am all about the chubby babies!

Thelissa said...

So cool! I can't believe how far a long you are already! That has gone fast! Probably not for you! But for me!:)

jayna said...

The dynamic of siblings is truly priceless! And good luck with the THREE boys...at least they're a cute bunch that you adore, right?!