Monday, September 22, 2008

Bring on the Rain.

Today I totally busted out my Harvest decor. Although it isn't October yet, I felt way too autumn-ey driving home from the gym in the rain and having JJ help me make some all-day-chili that I just couldn't help it. I even went to Harmons and filled the candy pumpkin jar with DARK M&Ms for autumn. I love those.. a little handful goes a long way!
The feeling that the cooler weather is coming and holidays too just makes me giddy. Although WAY too short, Autumn in Utah is tops with fire-red mountains and crisp sunny days. Not to mention that I am now under the 100 day marker for baby brother!! Woohoo.

Thought I would share this YUMMY caramel apple dip recipe (in honor of my festive mood) I got in one of those recipe email exchanges. I have already made it twice (eating for two.. remember?? haha). The second time around I only rapidly boiled it for around four minutes and I felt that the hardness was much better for a dip. It is still nice and thick! Watch out Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!

Caramel Apple Dip
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Corn Syrup
1/2 cup (one cube) Butter
pinch of Cinnamon
tsp Vanilla

Heat sugar, syrup, butter and milk over a medium-high heat until rolling boil. Once it is boiling, set timer for 4 minutes and continue stirring mixture. Remove from heat an add cinnamon and vanilla.

9 comments:

Gustogirl said...

That sounds way yummy! We did carmel apples for FHE last week and it made it feel like Autumn to me too!!

Deacons Mommy said...

Oh Rach, I have had my Halloween stuff up for a week now. We must be kindreds! I will be at book club, I just got the book so I must get going!

zealygirl said...

I really like your new look.

And I love Autumn, too! I look forward to trying that dip with a nice, crisp apple.

pinkmorning said...

i love this time of year too. Congrats on being under the 100 days marker! I am so excited for you!

KiMnRoB said...

I'm totally into the season right now. And I'm in the cooking/baking mood too! Wonder why that is?
Great recipe. I'll have to try it.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

You and I are so on the same wavelength (scary for you I bet). :)

I'm totally finding my inner Betty Crocker these days and was just searching for caramel at our grocery store.

This post? BOOKMARKED!

Thank you so much.

Nesting with Grace said...

Um hello had the fall up end of August I say it goes up when school starts!! I did LOVE that dip when you made it, I will have to try it. Also fun new blog layout you are mixin it up :)

Nap Warden said...

To. Yummy. For. Words!

Beanie said...

These apples sounds great.