Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Two Whole Years



Dear JJ,

If time flies when you are having fun, then your life has been jet speed since birth. You make our lives sparkle with your hilarious personality and boundless energy. As you turn two years old, I want to freeze tiny moments to carry forward with me.

Moments like lying in bed side by side "reading" and having you run your cars up my arm to have them give me multiple kisses bumper to lip.

Moments like listening to some of your favorite sayings which include: "That's right!" and "oh.. JJ." You love to make people laugh.. and this sometimes gets you into trouble. You usually charm your way out by saying, "that's funny mommy, huh?" then laughing. You have an infectious giggle that we simply eat right up.

You also love to play pretend, you love to pretend cry, pretend sleep, and pretend to eat the food in your books. When we catch you you bust up laughing as if it were the funniest thing in the world, and to us, it is.

Moments like feeling your excitement for your little brother and as you play music or talk to him through my tummy. You are always so sweet to babies and I love to see that caring side of you. Recently, when you saw baby Audrey, you just wanted to take care of her every need and hold her. I know you will be the same way with your new little brother.

Speaking of being a helper, you are such a great one. We even had to buy you your own broom and give you your own "soap" and cloths to help mommy clean with.

I just can't believe how blessed we are to have a child like you in our home and our family. You are sweet, sensitive, and fun to be with. It is like winning the lottery, son. You are totally and unapologetic ally adored.

Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mom and Dad.
(by the way.. how great did these pictures turn out??? Thanks Angie!)

23 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday JJ! Two is a great age for boys. Congrats on the new boy coming soon too. I hoped for two together when I was pregnant with my second. He will have a built in best friend.

pinkmorning said...

Happy Birthday JJ! We adore him too!

Thelissa said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! The best is yet to come! :)

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

Well said. You need to write a book. I know for a fact it would be better than any vampire book I've ever read. Happy Birthday JJ. he is a doll and a delight.

thekirnancrib said...

happy birthday, cutie boy!!!!!

Jones Family said...

I love those pics... JJ is so dang cute! I love how he talks to HIS baby. So sweet.

Grant * Kami * Addi said...

Addi, Grant & I would like to wish JJ a very happy birthday. He is such a sweet spirit and I love watching him play w/ Addi. It is the cutest thing ever!!! I remember the day he came into this world like it was yesterday, I can't belive that it has allready been 2 yrs. What a cutie and he is going to be such a good big brother!!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday little one. Isn't it amazing when our little baby boys start looking like little men?

Andrew, Cas and Stockton said...

Well, now that I am done wiping the tears from my face due to how cute he is, how sweet he is, how fun he is, and how FAST time flies...I can say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a handsome little JJ. Thank goodness it only gets more and more fun with each new step or it might be even more sad (in a good way) to see them grow!

LindsSawyer said...

Those pics are so good. What a sweet lil boy! Happy Birthday JJ!

MomOf3 said...

What a cutie he is! Happy birthday to your 2 year old!

jayna said...

What an AWESOME photo that las one is! And what a sweet letter.

KiMnRoB said...

Sweet tribute, beatiful pictures, and adorable little boy.
Happy Birthday JJ!

Silly Little White Girls said...

Happy birthday! I love the pictures.

zealygirl said...

What a neat tribute to your little boy! I'm sure he'll appreciate (someday) this moment you captured in your letter to him.

Linds said...

I can't believe he's 2! Happy Birthday (late!).

Nap Warden said...

Aww, Happy Birthday!

megan&steve said...

Happy Belated Birthday JJ! YOu are so grown up looking in these sweet pictures. I hope I can see you next week when we come to visit. I will call your cute Mommy!

Jill said...

Hey! It's Jill Bowcutt. I just came across your blog (blog stocking is lame, I know). Anyway, congrats on little boy number 2! We just had ours 2 weeks ago and it honestly is so much fun. The second time around has been much easier and more relaxing. Your blog is so fun and entertaining. I can't believe your little guy is 2! It doesn't slow down so take it all in.

lys said...

I love all your letters to JJ. Someday he'll appreciate them too!

pinkmorning said...

WHAT? You should have gotten her birth announcement last week, lots of people in salt lake got them in one day. i just checked the list and you are crossed off (there are a few people we are still trying to get addresses for that have not been sent out) i am sorry it hasn't come. I will send you out another one :)

Travis & Leslie Doman said...

He is a stunner, those pics are awesome! Hope you are doing well! Leslie

bananas said...

What beautiful pictures!!