Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Slightly Freakin.

I can't believe how big JJ is getting. Today I actually signed him onto the waiting list for PRE SCHOOL. The school director must have thought I was a freak since I nearly hyperventilated mid-sentence explaining that we are looking to sign up for next year's class. It is a very laid back, and neighborhood-y type of thing, but I am still freaking out. I have cherished every bit of independence my child has earned and I enjoy his willingness to do things himself, but also know that it is a type of things to come. That someday soon he will look at me with eyes that say he no longer needs me.

Sometimes I think having children must be a cruel joke. Give you something you simply adore, let you raise him, nurture him, cuddle him, then watch him drift away.

Am I hormonal or what?

8 comments:

LindsSawyer said...

Cute post....Pre School already? WOW! Time flies!

Gustogirl said...

Just wait, it gets faster! He is so cute, as Rizzo says, he will "rule the school!"

Thelissa said...

I say exactly what the others said...it gets worse!

MamaGeek said...

I FREAKED out just reading you FREAK out. For real.

Anonymous said...

...a cruel joke? Hormonal is putting it lightly!

Rachel said...

Hormonal....and a mommy! I and every other mother are all getting a little sad this time of year I think. It is like we are caught between being proud of them learning yet not wanting them to learn to live without us!

shauna said...

So true! I think I've always looked at my youngest like he's 18 months old. And he's four now! I just haven't wanted to let go of the young years because I'm practically out. I'm trying to look forward to the fun middle years. But I still get a little melancholy seeing how big all my kids are getting (Leah just lost her first tooth!).

Jones Family said...

He's going to LOVE pre-school! You are just enriching his life even more.