Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh lolli lolli lolli....


Seriously!?! The ladies in my neighborhood must not realize that when it comes to crafting, I am so not Martha. We are getting ready for Yound Women's Girls Camp next week and I was put in charge of the "supposed-to-be-brainless-but-I-have-been stressin-for-weeks" girls online thing they cooked up. Basically it is an opportunity for the girls to pass little notes and trinkets to one another all week at camp.

The theme for the camp is "Sweet is the Work" and our color is blue. We are playing up the "sweet" part of the theme by doing all candy oriented skits/decor/handouts. Anyway, I decided to string a rope between two fake lollipops and use decorated clothespins they can use to attach the notes to. I used styrophome balls covered in tissue paper for the "candy" on the pins, and cut out stryphome and covered it with more tissue paper and celaphane for the lollipops. Seriously, I am really sad with the way this turned out, but I promised pics ont he blog.


Pretty sure a second grader could have done better. Oh well.. I am pregnant.

11 comments:

Deacons Mommy said...

I think it is adorable, and one of my highlights of girls camp was passing notes. I love it!

pinkmorning said...

i think they turned out great Rach!

Gustogirl said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! I think they look good!

Linds said...

I have to agree with your sister, they did turn out great and you are too hard on yourself. I'm always impressed with your creations. And although you may not think that is a compliment because I'm creatively challanged, I meant it whole heartedly.

KiMnRoB said...

Oh stop it!
I think they turned out great!
You need to give yourself more credit because you are well on your way to passing up Martha.

Silly Little White Girls said...

They look great and the girls will love them ... sorry I took the non-crafty part of just getting the letters from the moms, but I think we're all better off that way!

Spammon said...

Meh...I would have went with two cups and a string.

time-for-a-paws said...

What a unique idea. I love it.

time-for-a-paws said...

I am sure they look great!

LindsSawyer said...

Really cute ...you are Martha...I would be buying those not making them Go girl!

jayna said...

You're crazy- they look great and it was a really creative idea!