Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cinemagic

I love summer for so many reasons, not the least of which is the great summer blockbusters that hit the theaters in full force! We don't get out much now that we have a child, but when we do, I love going to the movies. Yesterday I went to two in one day! It was my sister's birthday and she, my mom, and I went to see Mama Mia. Although I LOVE musicals as a genre for movies (and am overjoyed that it seems to be coming back in full force), I was a little apprehensive about this one. I shouldn't have been. I was so entertained. There were obvious drawbacks of course ( Pierce Brosnan should NEVER sing.. even in the shower, and Meryl Streep seemed a bit too old for her role), but on the whole, it was a cheesy good time that left me wanting to runaway to Greece for a week with my sisters or best girlfriends to just be silly.
That evening Jeremy and I went to see Dark Knight.. and LOVED it. Christian Bale is the BEST batman ever! Neither of us really like Maggie Gyllenhall, but what do you do?
Anyway, get out and go to the movies. So much fun on a hot summer day!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I like movies that are a cheesy good time. Especially when I go with a bunch of girlfriends. It makes it totally worth it! But I also really miss going to the movies as freely as I did before children.

Gustogirl said...

I want to see Mamma Mia, and I enjoyed Batman(just went on a little too long for me) Sounds like a really fun day!!!

Spammon said...

So what you are saying...is that if Ledger busted out into a song with Batman dancing in the background, you would have been in movie bliss?

Nesting with Grace said...

We LOVED Batman, he is so good looking! Joker was creeping seeing that he is really passed.
I can't wait to see mama mia, I saw it in Vegas!

time-for-a-paws said...

I totally want to see both of those movies!!

Travis & Leslie Doman said...

Mamma Mia was amazing!!! loved it loved it and loved it again! LES

MomOf3 said...

I love movies too! These two are both on my list of movies to see.

P.S. Looks like our due dates are very close to each other!