Friday, July 11, 2008

Book Club- The Lovely Bones

We had so much fun at Book Club last night. Kim hosted it and we had a great discussion. I think that the subject matter of this book is very relatable to everyone since death and tragedy is something that touches all of our lives. I felt that the auther did such a great job at illustrating coping methods of family members, neighbors, and even the victim. I really enjoyed this book and it was a super quick read. Kim made the cutest cookies in the shape of bones. Funny and delicious! It is so fun to see our group grow and get more and more comfortable together! Next month's meeting is at Brooke's house (which is always fun and insprigin in and of itself) so get reading! (But not Eat, Pray, Love.. we changed the selection.. again.) Stay tuned...

15 comments:

pinkmorning said...

wow, you look so tan! i'm glad you had a fun night!

Gustogirl said...

It's nice when people actually attend book club!

Linds said...

My mom said that Lovely Bones was a little depressing... I sort of haven't had the desire to read it since she told me that. Maybe I will give it a go.

KiMnRoB said...

I loved this book! Excited for the retreat in a few weeks.
Love that you put a Breaking Dawn countdown on the blog...

Spammon said...

The joke is on all of you. Kim told me those were cookies, but actual dog treats.

time-for-a-paws said...

What a clever idea.

Nesting with Grace said...

I LOVE the count down for breaking dawn! I will have to look at that every day! hahaha
Team Edward!

Nap Warden said...

What fun! How do you ever find the time to read?

LindsSawyer said...

LOVED BC THIS MONTH LOVED LOVELY BONES AND THE RICH DISCUSSION!

Nesting with Grace said...

I saw you walk into the gym this morning...I held back from yelling from the top down to you! how was class?

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

I was just curious if you ever use sugardoodle.net? I find it helpful every now and again and thought you may find it useful if you haven't already!

MamaGeek said...

How fun! It looks like a REAL playdate!

Linds said...

Happy birthay to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthay dear LikeAstaR, happy birthday to you!

Grant & Kami said...

I just heard from a little bird that today was your birthday!!!! I hope that you have a wonderful birthday and you get everything that you deserve!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :O)

MomOf3 said...

I read this book a while ago and it was amazing. It was really hard to shake afterwards because it is a parent's worse nightmare. I love the ice thing at the end. Wow - I may have to find this book in my stacks and read it again!

By the way - happy birthday!!!!! I hope you have a great day! And CONGRATULATIONS on your expected arrival!!!