Saturday, June 28, 2008

We love Midway

We had so much fun last night.. On a sort-of-whim we spent the night in Midway with Grandma and Grandpa and Robert. We stayed at the beautiful Zermatt Resort. We swam, went putting at Wasatch Golf Course, ate dinner overlooking the golf course and state park, went fishing, played at the playground, and went out for ice cream. Pretty much JJ's perfect day.

I had no idea how much my father in law loved fishing, but when I had him show me how to cast, I could see how others could really love it. There were some little boys there who were intrigued with our fish-catching abilities. JJ caught the first fish of the night in about 10 seconds. He took one look, and ran away. Good thing there were lots of doggies to chase and a fund playground to conquer. The stranger-boys stuck around though, and even called Mike grandpa and asked him to come home with them! Hahaha. I am not surprised, he is so good with kids.Don't worry, I brought my camera, but forgot my memory card!! Pregnacy brain strikes again! Good thing Jeremy had his new phone and snapped some pics!The boys went golfing today so we hit up the outlets in Park City, I found them much improved. Lots of new good stores. The best find of the day had to be the jelly shoes Lindsay and I both bought at BCBG. That's right. What a throw back!

12 comments:

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

We were at the Zermatt last weekend and rode the carousel...very nauseating, but fun!

megan&steve said...

You've been to Midway so much lately it seems. Too bad we moved from there in May. I do agree that when we come back for a visit we need to hit up the pool! That Zermatt place looked ugly from the outside, but must have been a great overnighter!

Jones Family said...

JJ is so cute. Those are great pics with the phone. He will always be the favorite g-baby since he's the first. And how could you not love his smile?

LindsSawyer said...

Lovin the designer jellys, thanks for a fun day!

Gustogirl said...

Looks like such a fun day!!!

Mariah "Sniggles" Proctor said...

aww midway is so much fun! Dang, those pictures are hecka good for a cell phone camera!

time-for-a-paws said...

What a fun whim!

MamaGeek said...

Oh what a fun day! He is just too cute with that smirk on the slide. Even IF you forgot the memory card (DAAAAANG)!

Nap Warden said...

How crazy is it that jelly shoes came back in style! I want a pair:)

zealygirl said...

We just had a 'free fishing day' at LHP's work, and our family went. We kept getting advice from people about where to cast to catch fish, but there was no way I wanted JLP to catch anything because I didn't want to clean it (Lucas was still working and could just come over for a little bit). My mom jokes that our family doesn't go fishing, we just go casting because our rate of landing fish is just about zero.

I'm glad you guys were able to have such a great time. Yeah for summer!

KiMnRoB said...

Robert said you guys had a great time! Loved hearing JJ say "Much Honor" to me on the phone! So cute he is... And he couldn't be any happier in that last picture.

Spammon said...

I thought you were talking about the Midway at Lagoon. I was a little confused since I had no idea you could spend the night there.