Monday, June 30, 2008

This works.

My mother in law reccommended packing using "Space Bags" since you can get so much more space out of your luggage and I just have to say that I am loving this idea!

I am a notorious over-packer. No matter how I try to quell my desire to haul my entire wardrobe cross-country,I just hate feeling unprepared while on vacation. I always come home with a suitcase full of unworn, but still needing to be washed clothes! With a child now, my problem has doubled!

Anyway, with so many restrictions on how many bags one can tote on an airplane, and having now to juggle a toddler (and car seat, blankies, books, and strollers) on our excursions, the Space Bag is SO the way to get all our stuff in one medium-sized suitcase.

I bought two packages of medium-sized bags (four bags total) from Target for like $8 each and that was more than enough for our family. Sure enough, I just vaccuumed the air right out, but if you don't have a vvaccuum (like at a hotel) you can just roll out the excess air and plug it up just the same!

I am so excited, I am bloggin about it. How lame. Furthermore,I am not even getting paid to write this. Just one mom sharing a tip that worked for her!

Next time you travel.. invest the money and you so won't be sorry.

17 comments:

Gustogirl said...

I just vacuumed my own space bag and I am in "LOVE". Thanks for the tip!!!

Linds said...

I saw these on Regis and Kelly and have wanted to try them ever since. Are they expensive?

Nap Warden said...

Yes...I am obsessed with these. Love 'em!

LindsSawyer said...

Love the travel tips keep em comin!

Grant & Kami said...

I am totaly with you on the space saver bags. They are my new best friend. I use them for storage also, I have so much more room for storing things now that I use the space saver bags and not totes. I hope that you have a wonderful vacation!!!!

time-for-a-paws said...

I have seen the commercials for them. They look really useful. Can't wait to see you here soon!!!

KiMnRoB said...

That is something to try for my next trip...
Stay safe out there! I know you guys will have a blast!

MomOf3 said...

That a great idea! Have a great trip!!

Shanda&Corey said...

I'm notoriously an over packer...so this is a great tip!! :)

Jones Family said...

Where are you guys going on your trip?

Lynell said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the tip. Can't wait to plan a fun trip and put it to use. Ü

pinkmorning said...

have fun on your trip! totally jealous that we can't be there this time...good thing audrey will get to meet all her cuzzies next month!

MamaGeek said...

Those things ROCK. We love 'em too!

Spammon said...

If I bought that hing, you know for a fact I would be putting things in there that should be. Jell-O, ants, my hand, rats...you get the picture.

megan&steve said...

Have a great trip Rach! I should try those out next time!

Audrey - Mom Generations said...

OMG... I was just watching a commercial about these. I am so glad to read this post!!!
How are you feeling!!??
I'm finally back up and blogging again... the c section has been a much different recovery.
Thinking of you!!!!!
xo,
Audrey

shelf said...

I will have to try these. I hate being unprepared on vacation so I am an over packer as well.