Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Slave to Target.

I love to bargain hunt. Shopping is always fun, but when you get something that should be 50 bucks for 20? Now that is good time. So, I typically don't subscribe to the belief that "you get what you pay for." Personally, I think that there are deals to be had on good stuff.. if you know how to search.
With all this in mind, you can imagine my excitement when I saw these cute straw bags in the Target dollar spot (for $2.50). When I saw that they were lined with pretty cute bright-colored fabric, I called my friend and fellow pool junkie who had been looking for a straw bag and told her to go get one. (I mean what good is a deal, if you can't get everyone you know to get it too).

Today I am left frustrated. I know, I know, I only spent $2.50, but I was so bugged yesterday when I loaded mine and JJ"s stuff into it at the pool and the strap broke!!! I cursed Target all the way back to my car as I carried my toddler and the broken, overflowing bag through the gym.


So, I am heading to Target to give them a piece of my mind, who knows, maybe I will take my $2.50 and get something to keep JJ quiet on our upcoming 6 houir flight, and most likely drop another twenty bucks while there. I am such a sucker.

12 comments:

Gustogirl said...

I went and checked out those bags and decided that they didn't look that great and it looks like a made a good decision. I am sorry yours broke. That really bugs!!! I don't think I could live without Target.

pinkmorning said...

i really like target and i really like that there is not a target that is very close...haha, i don't make it there that often so it doesn't get too much of my money:)

sorry about your purse!

LindsSawyer said...

Girl I DO subscribe to you get what you pay for and you story is exhibit A. you can borrow my one of my two nordy's pool bags I was given for my Bday! Ha! Yours is comin soon so I will look for one for ya! HA! PS I am jealous Im not at the pool with ya this week rather stuck in meetings in the Hollywood Hills! Went running on the stars on Hollywood BLVD last night so I guess its OK

Thelissa said...

Well, despite the break, it is a cute bag! Good taste in style. Bummer it was made so cheap. Hate that!

MamaGeek said...

I'd say you got a deal. And now you might get a refund too! One quote I've always liked: "buy cheap, buy twice". :)

Linds said...

That really sucks... it's such a cute bag. I always buy my pool bags cheaply, they get put through the ringer.

Don Mills Diva said...

I'd be pissed - just because they're cheap doesn't mean they are allowed to be total crap...

time-for-a-paws said...

To bad because it is a cute bag!

Stephanie said...

That really is a cute bag. So sorry it broke. I too am a sucker for Target and good deals, but it should make you feel better that you didn't spend lots of money on it. Hope you feeling well and I will see you at Bunco.

KiMnRoB said...

I remember you mentioning that bag to me... Sorry it broke!
And LOVING the new rocking chair... Baby T will love it too I'm sure.
You're such a bargain finder.

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

that is so funny, the $1.oo flip flops I bought from there also, have paint peeling off of them. I thought that was weird.

Pinks and Blues said...

If a strap broke on yours, then a whole bunch of others have probably had the same problem. Good luck with the return. I have had great return experiences at Target... and one nightmare return! I will have to blog about it some time.

Sharon - Pinks & Blues