Sunday, June 8, 2008

Proud Wife

With father's day right around the corner, I thought I would just share a couple fun things about Jeremy this week.

I have posted about Jeremy's intense love for golf, and this week we are so excited that he qualified to play in the state amateur tournament in July. This is no small feat.. especially since not only did he qualify, he finished sixth. He has tried many times and has made it before, but not since I have known him. I am proud of him for his determination and skill! Watch out TIGER!


Sometime last week, Jeremy had the idea of doing a backyard camp out with JJ. This was pretty ambitious seeing as how he was planning a tent, smores and darkness. (JJ is usually in bed at 7:30... when it is still light outside). All seek he built up this camp out with JJ. Our darling son could hardly wait for Friday to roll around and for the magic of "camping" to come to our backyard. Jeremy decided to invite his dad and brother and future brother in law over for smores too and although it was "boys only" I just had to sneak down and grab a picture.


It was a little cold outside the campout moved downstairs where JJ took over the tent and dad ended up sleeping on the couch.


Fun times! I love these two guys! How lucky JJ is to have such a great father!

17 comments:

Nap Warden said...

Aw, too fun...what a great Dad!

pinkmorning said...

how fun! every time we asked JJ, "are you going camping with dad tonight?" he would get this big smile on his face and say, "yep" haha, what a cutie!

LindsSawyer said...

Nice post!

Gustogirl said...

That is too cute. Those campouts are pretty special. My boys just went on the father son and C couldn't stop talking about it!!!

Thelissa said...

That is pretty cute! Too bad the weather hasn't held up to have let them sleep outside. Maybe in a few weeks? :)

KiMnRoB said...

Congratulations Jeremy! And 6th place?!? Amazing!
Love that last picture. I'll need to get a copy from you.

Linds said...

So cute! I can't wait until its finally warm enough to sleep outside...

selfstarter said...

Smores are the best. Glad you guys had fun. CONGRATULATIONS JEREMY on the not only making the state amateur, but also taking sixth. I was thinking about you this morning as I rode past Torrey Pines and saw all the US Open activity.

Have a great day.

Mariah "Sniggles" Proctor said...

Camping is soo fun, I have friends that have never been---it's good to start em young!

Spammon said...

Props to J! That's awesome! Unfortunately I hate golfing with him because when I hit the game of my life with 10 over par, he ends with his worse game of 5 under.

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

that is so sweet of jeremy

MamaGeek said...

Oh man I wish you lived closer! My hubby is a rather good golfer as well and travels to quite a few of the PGA events. Which means I am alone and we could do a playdate! :)

JJ IS lucky! What a fun idea.

Shanda&Corey said...

That campout idea is so cute...lucky JJ to have such a wondeful dad!!
What is going on for book club this week? Do you know where the location is? I remember she was moving, (Lindsey, I think..) and we talked about having it at the park..let me know! :)

jayna said...

Fun little boy times! Jeremy is a great Dad!

Angie said...

How fun! We had a backyard campout over Memorial Day. The kids thought it was so much fun and I thought it was great to be so close to modern conveniences. I am not much of a camper myself, but the backyard deal seemed to make everyone happy.

Rachel said...

I love the "boys only" activities...
they are so cute doing all the manly stuff.

Beanie said...

Hurrah for Jeremy as a golfer and a father.