Sunday, June 1, 2008

Home to the stead.


Jeremy won an overnight stay at one of our favorite places (once again, golfing pays off-lol), The Homestead in Midway, UT. I swam there as a child, we have eaten there lots and lots and Jeremy loves the golf course, but I have actually never STAYED there. I have to say that it really did not disappoint.

True to the name, the hotel has a main building, but most of the rooms are quaint little "homesteads" that are all different and old-looking and set up in a community-type setting.
JJ and I headed up there early so that I could take him swimming and walking around and he had the time of his life. I knew that I had been to that pool before, but I couldn't formulate an image of waht it looked like. My family used to frequent Midway and the Homestead. When I took JJ to the indoor pool it was like a complete flashback. I could almost see mini-Rachel running around there while simultaneously being told not to run. It was so much fun. JJ is quite the fish and of course entertained all the pool-goers with his antics.

The grounds are simply gorgeous and the room was nice, but BY FAR the most exciting part for me was the brunch they have there. Sad as it is, I had been looking forward to that meal all week. I was worried when I couldn't keep dinner down, but was hopeful that brunch would treat me differently.

Let's just say that I am happy it is always only an hour away because I did not get to enjoy this morning's feast. bummer. Stinking pregnancy.

I just can't believe that I forgot to bring my camera!! And I call myself a blogger. UGH!

19 comments:

LindsSawyer said...

Sounds like a good time, Sage was wishing he was up there golfing with the boys the whole time we were in Vegas! Too bad about the brunch!

pinkmorning said...

sorry about the brunch...that is one of the unfair aspects of pregnancy, you gain weight but you don't enjoy food very much at any point in the pregnancy, at least that has been my experience...

Stephanie said...

Sound like you guys had a fun time. It is always nice to getaway, and the fact that you did not have to drive all that far is even better. Sorry about the brunch, maybe next time.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Sounds awesome! I would love to go somewhere for an overnight like that. Sucks about the brunch... ! How did JJ like it? Was it a little bit of a romantic getaway for the mom and dad!? :)
- AUdrey

thekirnancrib said...

sah-weeeet!!! lucky lucky!

megan&steve said...

We lived so close to the HOmestead and I should have taken advantage of the yummy food. Bummer. We are not coming to Utah afterall. With 2 ear infections Jake couldn't fly today. SO. I will keep you posted on when the vacation might take place!

Gustogirl said...

Man, I know you were looking forward to that brunch. You will just have to go back again when you are feeling better.
I would so love to go and check out that pool again, even if just for nostaligia's sake. I am sure it would bring back many memories for me as well. Remember when Julie got that free Diet Pepsi(or was is Diet Coke)? That was at the Homestead. I want to go back to the Timp Freeze too, I know that is in Midway, but I would love it.

time-for-a-paws said...

Sounds so fun. Bummer that your pregnancy is holding you back! The first three monthes are when you are the most sick though so be looking forward to the fall!!

MamaGeek said...

Sounds LOVELY (except forgetting the camera of course).

Linds said...

A nice weekend getaway!?! I'm so jealous. I need a one, you've motivated me to put down my yard tools and go!

p.s. I was not referring to you in my post, no worries!

pinkmorning said...

gustogirl - the Timp Freeze has closed unfortunately. I wanted to take Dave there after swiss days last year and it has indefinitely closed :(

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

I am the kind of person that always looks forward to a good meal to be expected (like breakfast from "Proud Mary's if you're ever in Dana Point) But so sad you couldn't enjoy it. Midway is beautiful.

Nap Warden said...

Sounds wonderful!

Thelissa said...

I love the Homestead too. It is actually where we went on our Honeymoon. It was the perfect place to go. I'm jealous!

KiMnRoB said...

I had a good time up there! Wish we could have stayed overnight but where there's a winner (J) there's a runner-up (Rob) so I'm stuck with the money he wins from the pro-shop. Isn't that so much fun for me? I'm obviously not bitter.
Glad you had a good time! Wish'd you could have had more enjoyment during b-fast. That's my favorite meal of the day.

BritGal' Sarah said...

Sorry you missed out on the brunch, but at least you had a lovely time :-)

Beanie said...

I'm taking you for brunch at the Homestead this summer when you feel better. Love, Mom

Spammon said...

The Homestead is overrated. I hear there are some awesome little houses there that haven't been lived in for awhile that have Exorcist beds in them. Plus, when you turn the heat on, the house comes alive...

shauna said...

Sounds fabulous!