Friday, June 13, 2008

Back off, I'm Nesting.

When I am not puking... I seem to be nesting.


Barf.....clean.....barf .....paint......barf....redecorate.


Just like that.

I should insert...I am married to a man who seems to be morally opposed to buying secondhand.. anything. Why pay 30 dollars for something when you can pay 200 anyway? I, on the other hand, have memories of my crafty mother refinishing furniture in our driveway and turning our home into a gallery of items she picked up from across the world.


Anyway, since I rarely have Jeremy's buy-in, I don't do a lot of purchasing (though I love to browse) in consignment and thrift stores.


I really like the old mixed with the new look, but let me make it clear that I am NO DECORATOR.


Anyway, in the past two days I have spent any energy I can muster in painting a new shelf for our bathroom and antiquing it (puking), painting our banister (breaking to ease my dizziness), and rearranging our family room to accomadate the new-old trunk/coffee table I bought (from a classified) and the rocker I plan to find and refinish.


Take that, honey. At this rate I could have a whole new house (and no money) by the time our little bundle arrives!


***By the way.. I know that I should stop if I don't feel good, but back off. How are you supposed to cope with nesting urges ? Comment carefully-- I may just come over and sew you some curtains.

19 comments:

Shanda&Corey said...

I have a shelf that is itching to be painted black & antiqued!! Nest Away!!! :-)

Deacons Mommy said...

I love it! Tell Jeremy to get with it! POst pictures!

Gustogirl said...

I love how you described, the barfing mixed in with the nesting, it made me laugh.

MamaGeek said...

Ok, have we ruled out twins with all this barfing and nesting going on?

*ducks and runs for cover*

Linds said...

I loved my nesting period... I got so much done. Hopefully you feel better soon!

megan&steve said...

You totally have an eye for cute things and good deals. I am so curious to find out if your baby is a boy or a girl, and I'm sorry to hear you have been so sick. bleh. no fun.

LindsSawyer said...

Funny, I swear going to Brooke's and seeing her new items she finds its inspiring...Go for it!

Nap Warden said...

It's good to be productive...when you're not throwing up;)

thekirnancrib said...

pictures! pictures! I'm sorry about the barfing. hope it passes QUICKLY! I am such a nester... I can't imagine how bad it will be when I am pregnant!!!

Nesting with Grace said...

go girl i am w/ u! let me know if i need to come help u nest :) tell him HELLO it is the right thing to do...he must not have looked to close at my house or he did and didn't like it!!!
Have you seen SITC yet? Maybe a late show friday w kim??

Ashlie said...

Where are the pictures?

Thelissa said...

I;m not sure taking a big rest while you're sick is all it is cracked upto be. For me when I feel sick and I lay down or whatever, I just feel even more sick and tired too! I say go for it with the painting and decorating! Keeps you active and on your toes. I expect pictures to see all of the fun stuff you are doing though!

KiMnRoB said...

You sure have a talent there Miss Crafty. Whether it's conjuring up a cabbage soup (remember that diet?) or sewing or painting- you are outstanding in all aspects!
Yes, post pics please.

jayna said...

At least you have pretty nesting skills instead of deranged nesting habits like amassing frozen dinners and baby tylenol like SOME weirdos I've HEARD of...

Erin said...

I could use some curtains. Do you need the dimensions or can you just eyeball it? I am sorry that you are feeling crappy. But at least you have some energy, right? My kids used to freak out when they saw me throwing up when I was pregnant. So I would always have to calm them down in between hurls. Good luck with everything!

zealygirl said...

I hope you feel better so you can just enjoy being crafty!

Jones Family said...

Pet PEEVE!!!! Oh you shouldn't lift that... you shouldn't do that. My favorite of all time... Don't lift your child. What the hell am I supposed to do you old bat, drag them? I wanted to scrap off the person's face who told me not to pick up Hannah when I was prego with Gavin. OK, I need to relax a bit.

Beanie said...

Your writing style is hilarious. Great job.

time-for-a-paws said...

I am commenting very carefully but I still wantyou to come over and sew me some curtains!