Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What Dreams are Made of.

JJ has been sick for quite sometime. Only Popsicles and Cars (the movie) bring him any happiness. Needless to say Lightning McQueen and Mater feel more like family then occasionally visitors at our house about this point.
Since the dreaded medicine pull from the shelves for babies, I have been very leery of giving JJ anything of the sort. However, we are about a week into this cough/cold/horrible behavior and yesterday we both couldn't take anymore. I gave him some Triaminic and nervously took him to the spare bedroom to watch him sleep so that nothing horrible would happen. Amid coughs and wheezing he feel asleep and about a half hour into my watching he rolled over and said "kachow" (which, for any normal human being who hasn't seen this movie 327 times, is what Lightning McQueen says as his "catch phrase").
It was hilarious to get a glimpse into what JJ dreams about, but I feel like maybe we should ease up on the Cars for awhile, ya think?

15 comments:

Linds said...

Lol!

I hope he feels better soon!

LindsSawyer said...

Funny story....I have been witness to JJ's Cars addiction....It seems Cars is the only way he found solace after Grandma Tomsick dropped him off with that dramatic departure....Too funny!

thekirnancrib said...

that is HILARIOUS! so cute. kachow!

MamaGeek said...

Oh poor little guy. I LOVE that story and hope he feels better SOOn!

Spammon said...

It only gets worse. We went from Cars to Toy Story. Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek 3, Ratatouille and Incredibles. I do have to hand it to Pixar, they at least make movies that are bearable for adults.

Gustogirl said...

He is such a doll!!

Nap Warden said...

I hope he feels better soon. My Little Man has that little toy car, he loves it:)

Stephanie said...

Look at those eyes. Poor guy it is so hard when they get sick. It not only hard on them but it breaks your heart to see them so sick and know that there is nothing you can do. Kaden is a huge cars fan and he seriously watched it 3 or 4 times a day. Needless to say we took it away for awhile and now we have started watching it again. It is so funny the things that they pick up on from the show. When Kaden eats breakfast he says "I eat losers for breakfast". Anyway I hope that JJ gets better soon. He is adorable.

Grant & Kami said...

I so hope that JJ gets feeling better soon. Addi has been throwing up the last couple of days only once a day but still very strange. I too try and stay away from the medicine as much as possible. I hate when Addi is not feeling well becuase she is just so quiet and just wants me to hold her (which is way nice becuase I never get to hold her anymore, now that she can walk everwhere and has become a big girl). Tell JJ that Addi hopes he gets feeling better soon. :0)

Scot said...

From Mom:
JJ looks pretty droopy. I'm sure Mariah saw Jungle Book 67 times or more. That's all she ever wanted.

megan&steve said...

I'm so sorry JJ isn't feeling well. His little dreams are so creative. He is so dang cute!

KiMnRoB said...

I am laughing my head off right now!
Kachow!
I feel bad that he has been so sick? Poor guy...

shauna said...

Zack LOVES cars. And now the movie's so scratched he can't watch it anymore. But every now and then he'll mumble "kachow." Makes me laugh. Hope your JJ's feeling better soon...

Deacons Mommy said...

That is sooooooooooooo funny! I can not wait for Deacon to talk, it will be so funny to hear what he is thinking! Best story I have heard in a while.

Angie said...

Too cute! Mitch loves Cars too.