Saturday, March 1, 2008

A night for JJ

I willa dmit it, most of our weekends (and weekdays) are about what we want to do. We rejoice at the prospect of a babysitter so taht we can catch the latest movie. We wrestle through dinner at a restaurant with JJ, or we drag him along to wherever we want to go.



Being away from him last week made me realize that I should appreciate this time of his life. So, with that in mind Mommy and Daddy toook JJ for a night on the town yesterday.. All about him.



Our first stop was a dingey littele place call "sky High." It is filled to the brim with those bouncey houses and inflatable slides. A little tentative at first, our son was bouncing and sliding with the 6-9 year olds in no time.



Not ten minutes in, he crashed. (in his mind the ONLY way from point A to B is running). Insert blood dripping from my child's mouth. I was concerned, but played it off as if it was no big deal. The last thing we wanted was for JJ to be scared!



We got some ice, cleaned him up, and had him bouncing in no time... fat lip and all.



We had so much fun with him and it was SUCH a WORKOUT. Therefore, for only 4 bucks, we will definitely go back. Dingeyness and all!



We next grabbed "JUYS!" (Jamba Juice) because it is JJ's favorite and went home to play with his cars.
Here is a video of our brave boy.


video

11 comments:

Gustogirl said...

That place looks awesome. I can't believe it is only 4 bucks per kid. That is unreal!! Did you guys pay for you to get in too? If we ever get to Utah, we will definitely be heading there!!!

RachelT said...

adults get in free!! That is the best part and you can still play with your kids.

Monty said...

how fun! i had fun today at the park with you guys. jj really is so brave, i can't believe he kept going down those big slides even after his tumble.

thekirnancrib said...

aww, brave boy! you are such a good mama.

Jayna & Family said...

This blog made me long for the days on single child-dom!

Dara said...

I have found the dingy places to be the best! Nothing a little hand sanitizer and "don't put that in your mouth" can't fix! Glad you found a little place and had a good time....

LindsSawyer said...

Cute video of JJ I feel like I haven't seen him forever...Miss his lil voice saying DINSEY...maybe you SHOULD bring him to vegas? HA!

Grant & Kami said...

That video of JJ is so cute. I love that he was such a strong boy and got right back up again and started to play like nothing happened. I miss you guys, we need to get together soon.

Beanie said...

That looks so fun and must be the last $4 in the world. We love JJ.

Angie said...

I am sure Mitchell would love something like that too. I think we have something similar here, but I have never been. Good idea!

Spammon said...

I dunno, an open wound and one of those disease infested play lands could spell a serious problem. I'd watch that mouth for a good month or so to make sure it doesn't mutate into a puss bubble.