Friday, March 14, 2008

The Kite Runner Book Club

We had fun at last night's first book club meeting. We laid out some ground rules, planned about five months books/locations, and had a great little discussion on "The Kite Runner." There were just five of us and we REALLY hope to see that number grow! So, get reading and come to next month's discussion on "The Other Boleyn Girl." (There is a complete link list on my sidebar to the month and books we have chosen to start us out.)

We have decided to keep discussions to an hour so that they don't turn into marathon meetings, and we are going to alternate leading the discussion and hosting the group every month. We have also decided that meetings will be the SECOND THURSDAY of every month.
Thanks to Angie who not only ate my Khatai Cookies, but actually said "they aren't so bad." I will cop to re baking a batch yesterday with much less cardamom and adding cinnamon to the recipe.

15 comments:

Shanda&Corey said...

I hope to come to the next meeting! It looks like it was a lot of fun!! :)

KiMnRoB said...

Thanks for hosting Rach!
It was a GREAT time!
Loved the company and loved the festive-ness that you added to the atmosphere. (cookies and table runner) Sorry I didn't try your cookies. But I LOVED THE CHOCO ONES!
I'm excited for next month!

pinkmorning said...

it looks like it was a complete success! i am sorry i couldn't make it...you are party planner extraordinaire!

Angie*Steve*Owen said...

The cookies were great and the first meeting was a hit...great job!

LindsSawyer said...

GREAT meeting love to be in the company of BRIGHT Beautiful women!Thanks for your hard work!

Gustogirl said...

Looks like fun!! Wish I could have been there!!

Linds said...

You were born to host!

Love the pics!

Erin said...

Looks like so much fun! Maybe I could come next time.

Ashlie said...

Hi Rachel ~ This is Ashlie. Thanks again for hosting the book club last night. It was so much fun. I feel like I have a little hobby and something to look forward too. I actually finished the book last night and so I want to up my rating to 4.5. I am looking forward to our next meeting. ~ Ash

Bananas said...

Sounds like fun! I often think I'd like to do a bookclub.

Ashlie said...

That is great! I will add you to mine too. 700 pages! Wow! I hope I am not the slacker of the group. I just ordered it for Kim and me so as soon as they arive we will get on that. Thanks again!

thekirnancrib said...

fun fun. *again* I'm sad, but so glad you all had fun!!!

lys said...

So, I totally want to join your book club! :)

Organized Chaos said...

Looks like fun. Always thought of starting one here in Indiana. I am not very good at organizing that kind of stuff.

Jones Family said...

Your cookies look nice. But they sound like they were just terrible. You are looking skinny too.