Monday, February 25, 2008

Vote for Julie

We just spent four days in sunny Cancun. The weather was great and the beach was sandy, but honestly I am so happy to be home. I really missed JJ this trip and loved the way his eyes lit up this morning when I went to pick him up. We have been playing hard all morning but he just went down for a nap and from the looks of my reader I have some MAJOR BLOGGING to catch up on!

First things first, though. The fabulous girls at Pinkandblues are hosting a virtual baby shower and asked for nominees. I, of course, nominated my sister, Julie, who has struggled all year to concieve since her devasting miscarriage Christmas 2006. She is joyously expecting a baby girl in July and we couldn't be more excited!

How cute was she as a baby?


click here To vote for my sister. There are ten finalists and my sister with her amazing story has been chosen as one of them!

I love you Julie and I hope you win!

Also my sister, Laura is hosting a fun Easter swap on
click here to check that out too!
What did we do before blogging?

20 comments:

pinkmorning said...

thanks for posting this! how was your trip? i want to hear all about it, i bet you are all tan and glowing...i will call you after work!

Rachel said...

I voted...I really hope she wins.

...by the way...I don't think you should leave J.J. like that...I will go to Cancun for you next time....I am self-sacrificing like that.
I hope we get pictures.

Gustogirl said...

I definitely will be voting and swapping!! Glad you had such a good time!

Shanda&Corey said...

I voted & signed up for the swap! I think it will be so much fun!!!
PS..I'm jealous of your trip! I need a vacation! :)

LindsSawyer said...

Hope you had fun looking forward to Vegas too...it may bit of a let down after gorgeous beaches in Cancun...maybe our craps game will improve this time and we will come home retired!
PS I voted hope she wins.

thekirnancrib said...

so fun, so JEALOUS! I wish Kerry AND Julie could win. sad! I'd put in a vote for Julie too but I guess the votes would negate each other huh :)

The UnMighty said...

I'll bet you didn't get any of the awesome sleet and wind in Cancun that we got here. Ha! To bad for you.

Jayna & Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanda&Corey said...

When is the first meeting?? School is crazy, so I may have to put off till the next one, but let me know and I will see what my schedule looks like!!!
I'm very excited to start reading it, I think I'm hitting the library after school today! :)

KiMnRoB said...

I got the email and I voted!
I hope she wins as well!
So how was the weather after we left? Hope you got that tan you were wanting! {minus the SPF 50 right?}

Jayna & Family said...

(I deleted my email comment!) It looks like you already know how to spice up your page- looks cute! And good luck to your sis!

Nap Warden said...

Hope your Sis wins!

Gustogirl said...

I love your new banner. Make me one? Not exactly the same of course, but I love the paisley design in back. I need to figure out photoshop. I have a pic of some paisley that I love, but I don't know how to work with it.

Beanie said...

I voted and sent the word on

pinkmorning said...

i love your new header too, it is so cute.

MamaGeek said...

Wow, what a fun time! And I love your new blog header - you are so good Rachel! I hope your sister wins!

HappyHodges said...

Hey Rachel, its Mindy (Gaffney) Hodges from high school. I know totally random, but I was looking at some of the blogs attached to one of my friends blogs and realized this was you. It looks like you are doing great!

lys said...

Voted!

shauna said...

Cancun? How fabulous! Can't wait to see the pictures.

And go, Julie! So happy she's having such pregnancy success.

By the way, love the new bloggy look. How are you guys getting such spiffy looking blogs? Do tell! :)

RachelT said...

wow.. so many comments on the header. Thanks for being nice, I am an absolute rookie, so I have a LOT to learn.