Monday, January 21, 2008

Distressed and Loving it.

Ever find yourself disproportionately excited about something? Such is the case for me tonight, baby!
For a long time I have needed a little punch of color in my bedroom. When we first moved in, I was eager to nest: I sewed curtains, hung things on the wall, bought a few throw pillows and a couple lamps for my bedroom. However, as the newness wore, so did my creativity a bit. I used to love to arrange and rearrange my furniture, and I trolled for accessories like a huntress. After watching more than one picture frame or vase break by the hands of my well-meaning toddler, I gave up. Plus, it seems weird to only have the top half of your house decorated while the bottom half basically just has bumper pads and plastic outlet covers.

Anyway, my bedroom is fairly modern with very clean lines on the furniture. I have tried to make it a bit more traditional with the lamps and color. But it always felt a little cold. Tonight I found the coolest distressed painted beach wood frames though and I can't even sleep I love them so much. I have seen them at boutiques and at Swiss Days, but they are usually a little pricey. I only spent 5.99 a piece (I bought two).
So, I framed some cute pictures from our vacations last year... still couldn't sleep.
So now I am blogging about them.

I am a such a dork and because I still don't have a camera (buzzkill for sure) I can't post a picture. I did find this frame with is reminiscent of the look, but definietly not half as cute.
My life: can't sleep because of picture frames. See what I mean about disproportionate excitement?

12 comments:

Dara said...

You are funny!!! And although I never have a problem sleeping....whne I find something like that, I make sure I put it up, hang it, whatever the SECOND I get home! Congrats on your find! Where did you find the frames at such a good price?

Erin said...

I get that way after I go shopping everytime. Last week I bought new shoes for the kids and I am still excited about it--seriously the shoes are too cute for words. But to get that excited over something that's not even for me--that's strange, I think.

linds said...

I'm glad there is someone else out there who gets excited over little things!

The frames are cute. They will look great!

And what are you talking about?!?!? Your bedroom is fabulous!

pinkmorning said...

i can't wait to see them. i am sure they are darling!

thekirnancrib said...

you are sooooo funny... and I AM THE SAME WAY!

MamaGeek said...

Seriously, should your blog audience chip in and get you a camera? You're so right on and I'm the same way!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

I get really excited over those types of things, too!! And I can totally relate to being gung-ho when you first move into a house, and then getting less and less creative as time goes on! I need another jolt of creativity so I can paint some of my walls that are still boring white!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Cecily R said...

I totally do the same thing! When we first got the kid's pictures framed and hanging on the wall I would walk into the room just to stare at them I loved them so much! What a dork!

I love the frame, and if the ones you did are even cuter, I think I may need to come sneak into your room and swipe them!

shauna said...

Good for you! I love it when I can get excited over little things--it means I'm nore likely to be happy. So you go girl! Enjoy those picture frames.

BTW, I have something for you over at my blog. :)

girlymom said...

It's the little things that count right?!! Ok, go borrow a camara and give us some pics!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It is nice to meet you and your family!

LindsSawyer said...

Rachel....Excited over frames? I still cant sleep over bubble tea...Maybe not...Ambien? It is FDA approved with proven efficacy for sleep deprivation....

Andrew, Cas and Stockton said...

Yes...dinner this weekend. I have been wanting to get everyone together because it was Andrew's b-day last week...I will call you!