Monday, January 7, 2008

Dear JJ,
You are ceaseless entertainment. At seventeen months you love to get reactions. This is frustrating at times as you taunt us to see what we look like when angry. Life is hilarious with you around. The more you talk the more we laugh. A couple of days ago I was on a phone call so I put you in your room with some toys. It had been pretty quiet in there and quiet is rarely good so I went in to check on you. Somehow you found the jar of vaseline and proceeded to rub it all over your face and hair. With glistening cheeks and eyelids you looked up at me and simply said "face?" I couldn't even get angry. I nearly peed my pants with laughter. I am eve chuckling right now. I called your Aunt Laura to tell her the story and she commented that it shows how smart you are. She saidt hat you understand that we put products and things like tha ton our faces and hair. She has a point.. you didn't rub it on the floor or your furniture, you kept it on your body.



You love talking and constantly use new words. This morning at the store someone sneezed and I said "bless you,"you then repeated "bless you" for the next ten minutes. It was so cute and everyone in the store loved it. We loved the way you said "ho ho ho" at Christmas time when we asked you to say Santa. (see video). You are starting to not just talk, but to communicate, you ask for specifice things, you tell us when you are "poo poos," and you give the best kisses always making a "mmmwa" sounds. We have taught you how to count to three.. but I think you have just memorized it. You love to dance and have some sweet moves. You bend you knees and get low then thrust forward. It is so cute and you like to dance to R&B the best.... You are definitely your father's son.

You continue to love Elmo, golf, and cars. We love to see the world through your eyes and you bring us endless excitement.

We love you too pieces!
Love,
Mom

9 comments:

Dara said...

Cute note to JJ and I love the pic with Elmo!!!

linds said...

I can't believe how time has flown by... he is already 17 months!

Porter loves "melmo" and would be jealous of that JJ has so many!

Erin said...

For some reason I thought he was a lot older than Jill but he's only 5 months older (I know in baby land that is like 5 years, but still!)

Jill only has hi and bye down but she babbles to herself all the time now.

What a cute kid!

thekirnancrib said...

i love these letters to JJ. I love the vaseline story... melt my heart!

Gustogirl said...

I love JJ, he is so cute. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever. Feb. can't come fast enough!

MamaGeek said...

Another beautiful note. JJ is so cute! My 16 month son is an Elmo-aholic too - I wish we could do a playgroup! And that visual of the Vaseline - priceless.

Oh and I also have a little blog bling awaiting you over at my place.

KiMnRoB said...

"Face?"
I love him so much!
Not only does he bring joy to your lives but everyone around him! We just adore the little guy and I absolutely LOVE the new dance moves!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Oh my gosh, he is a riot!! What a beautiful letter to JJ. You will both treasure these as he grows!!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

shauna said...

Zack went through an Elmo phase so if you ever want more Elmos PLEASE let me know--I'd be happy to send them all to you. :) What a great post!