Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Notes from a Non-Runner #2

I have a running update for everyone who doesn't care! I am so excited for myself because I made the jump to 3 miles today! I am seriously so proud of myself. I will do three miles for a week or so and then jump to four miles. I am also trying to beat my time for the week that I am at the same distance. So far so good. Personal Victory!
Starting tomorrow, I might start running every day instead of every other day. I have noticed that even in the short amount of time since I started, my stamina has increased.
Woo Hoo!

12 comments:

shauna said...

Good for you! (*doing the I'm-not-worthy bow*) I'm very impressed. Please keep us posted!

thekirnancrib said...

yayyyyyyyyy for you!!!... don't worry, I'll average out our fitness standings by going to the gym only once this week and eating lots of christmas cookies:) there's always new years resolutions, right?!

Gustogirl said...

You go girl!

LindsSawyer said...

Rachel.
I love your outfit in this picture...The shorts are sweet.
Go girl 3 miles...I am still stuck on 2!

Spammon said...

You know what I like to do when I run that helps out? Walk.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

That's awesome, Rachel!! Isn't it so awesome to be able to measure yourself getting into better shape by your stamina?

Jane, Pinks & Blues

linds said...

Yay! Personal Victories are the best.

Rachel said...

I am impressed and not a little jealous!!! ;)

Erin said...

You are totally my hero.

(Hey, if you have any extra motivation--please send it my way!)

MomOf3 said...

Good for you! You are an inspiration! :)

WorksForMom said...

3 miles? YOU GO GIRL (literally)! Serious congrats my friend. :)

The Sweet Escape said...

You ROCK! My neighbor has convinced me to run a half marathon with her next year. I think I'm at 1 1/2 miles one of these weeks I'll hit the big #2!