Monday, December 3, 2007

A man Entirely made of snow.

Perhaps the best Christmas/Musical lyrics EVER written are:

Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow.



Anyone who hasn't seen White Christmas and can't picture the four starry eyed singers in the traincar heading for Vermont really has no place reading this blog. ( Sorry... This is my Litmus test. )

My sisters and I love to sing this song and always break up in laughter at this particular line. I was thinking about this song today as I got JJ bundled up and actually headed to the gym. As the fog cleared off my windshield and I looked at the hardened snow from the weekend covering the ground I asked: WHO WOULD WANT TO DO THAT? I don't want to really drive in it let alone wash my hands my face or hair with it.

Yeah, yeah, so I posted about the "shimmering glow from the treetops" last time, but let's face it, constantly having to wipe your one year old's snot because of the chill in the air is not that romantic.

Anyway.. in my desperate attempts to revel in this month's festivities here is another favorite December thing: White Christmas. I know all the songs by heart... even some of the dance moves. Still makes me want to cry when the snow FINALLY comes and helps the General out. Never gets old. Never ever ever.

9 comments:

Cecily R said...

I love the first snow of the season. It's beautiful and sparkly and romantic. Until I have to drive in it. Then it makes me slide and swerve and swear.

THanks for dropping by my blog! Another Utah bloggy friend!

linds said...

Who would want to do that... frostbite sucks!

Gustogirl said...

I love that song and that show!! Listening to it made me want to go and turn it on right now(yes, it is one of the 7 DVD's I own)

LindsSawyer said...

Rach,
Cute post, I look forward to reading your December traditions, Sages family does a Shepards dinner on Christmas Eve which I love and hope to carry on...See you this week sometime.

WorksForMom said...

I now will have that song STUCK in my head ALL night thankyouverymuch!

And no I wouldn't. :)

Nap Warden said...

I love me some snow! Bring on the skiing!

Brittany said...

I had to laugh because Jett loves that show (I know what in the world is going on with him). I never watched until I married him and now all I can sing in my head when I hear anyonw say "White Christmas" is sisters, sister :)

Spammon said...

I've never seen that....but you know what I hate? Sappy Christmas songs. Like "Christmas Shoes" That song sucks and is lame.

Beanie said...

I just came from watching that show and sat down to my computer and sawy your post. Yes, it is that magical time when we went out and got the Christmas tree, drank egg nog and had treats and watched White Christmas by the glow of the lights. I agree that it never, never gets old. I simply love it and it makes all seem right with the world. Think powdery snow in the mountains, newly fallen. Then, of course, you can wash your hands, face and hair in snow.