Friday, December 7, 2007

Letter for JJ #2

Dear JJ,
Today you are 16 months old and hamming it up. Oh how you love to make people laugh and pay attention to you. Wonder where you got that?You are oh so hungry all the time and have developed quite a sweet tooth. Carrots, broccoli and green beans unfortunately do not top your list of favorites, but you eat peas right up. I need to buy more peas. This month we bought you a Christmas Advent calendar with a chocolaty morsel to eat every day. I think that you wish the days would go by faster so that you could have more and more.
When November was over, we were worried when we had to put the pumpkins away because you loved them so much. You gleefully shouted Puh-puh and ran to the window to see your orangey vegetables on the porch. Fortunately, you now say "Santa," "clause," (never together), "snowman," and "tree." You are really getting into the Christmas spirit and love to demolish our Christmas decorations. Thank you for teaching me patience in this arena.

One of your new words that always makes us laugh is "Special." You sing it and pronounce it remarkably well. We think that you picked it up last month when your cousins were here and your Aunt Laura sang to them "who is this, who is this, this is somebody special..." It melts my heart to see you sway and sing "special, special." We hope that you really do feel this way because you are so special, JJ..... and not in the "mom thinks I'm retarded way" (Tomsick shout out).

You continue to be extremely social, befriending gorwn ups and children alike. When your Hodges cousins came for Thanksgiving, you loved to follow them around and play with them, expeically enjoying teasing Joel.

You must love giving me a heart attack because you really enjoy playing rough. It is fun and scary to see how fearless you are. You dive headfirst off furniture, run full speed on pavement, and (even more frightening to me) think that you can walk down the stairs. I think your favorite game is "where's JJ?" basically this is throwing a blanket over your head and blindly walkin around. If you get knocked over or fall you usually start laughing... thus you have had many bruises this month. I am worried that people think I am not taking good care of you, but you constantly are finding ways to get banged up. You are pretty tough though, and rarely cry.

Television is not your bag. Although I selfinshly try to get you to watch Sesame Street or The Wiggles, so that I can clean or work, you lose interest quickly. The only things you pay attention to is the Golf Channel and Finding Nemo. Figures. We hope this doesn't mean that you will spend a lot of time in the water playing golf. HAHA.

Remember that we love you to pieces, son.. You have given us more capacity for love and enriched our lives tremendously.

But it is next to impossible to get a picture of you looking at the camera
Love,
Mom

14 comments:

thekirnancrib said...

I love these letters to JJ. those cheeks!! makes you wat to just kiss 'em! I nanny for a little girl who is just a month older than JJ, and it's fun to compare progress and look at boy-girl differences. any talking videos? :D

thank you so much for your comment... you made me cry! I appreciate your friendship! :)

Erin said...

That's beautiful! YOu and your boy share such a special bond. He is super-cute!

linds said...

JJ is a social butterfly! Porter loves having him as a friend as well.

Gustogirl said...

JJ is the best. Anytime I am on the computer and a picture of JJ is anywhere to be found(or when Joel sees his pic on the fridge) Joel shouts, "JJ", "JJ". He loves his cousin and so do I.

Angie said...

You should have these thoughts in a book for JJ. I am sure he would enjoy reading it when he is older.

pinkmorning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinkmorning said...

haha, he nearly gave dave a heart attack this week too! what a daredevil!

shauna said...

I think writing a letter to your child is such a great thing--he will treasure these when he's older.

WorksForMom said...

I bet that "Special" he says is adorable (that photo of him sure is). And I so feel your pain on not getting him to look at the camera. My 15 month old does the same thing (or else my camera just sux)!

I love that you write these letters, I have a diary that I've been writing letters to my son in.

Happy 16th JJ!

KiMnRoB said...

I absolutely LOVE the way JJ says "Special" and you are so right, it's not just a "mom thinks I am"- WE ALL THINK HE'S SPECIAL!

Andrew, Cas and Stockton said...

Rach- I am so jealous of your ceramic christmas tree decoration with the plastic lights because right when I saw it I took a trip down memory lane. My grandma had the exact same one that I LOVED when I was little. I used to take the lights out and put them in different holes (when no one was looking.) Anyway, my grandma passed away when I was 12 and I have no idea where that tree ended up. I am glad for your post though because I had forgotten all about it. It was way fun to think back to a simpler time! Also, are you still planning on the party on the 19th? What can I do to help get things going?

jennifer said...

Such a fun age! He is a cutie, eventhough he's not looking at the camera!

Jennifer, Le Binky Bitch

Beanie said...

I love this letter. I have wanted to start letters to my grandchildren as well. So precious.

linds said...

heck yes! we are still planning on it!