Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dr.'s Appointment


Maybe I am a total sucker, but almost nothing pulls at my heartstrings like JJ getting his shots. Today's ordeal was no exception. Sure, we entered the Dr's office with a gleeful "fiiisshhh,"(fish tank) then "TEEE" (Christmas Tree), but no sooner had the clothes come off and he was being weighed did he realize what was going on. My happy child proceeded to scream through getting his ears checked, his heart listened to, and then, of course, his shots. At least he won't have to deal with the Flu, the Chicken Pox, and whatever else they pumped into him today.


He weighed in at 28.5 LBS, and was about 33 inches tall. Putting him in the 75th percentile for both. Way to go little champ! You are growing like a weed.


Just 'cause it's Christmas I am posting this picture from last year. I love it so much. You wouldn't believe it, but he was not sleeping here... he was taking a breath in between cries. He was only 3 months old. Love him!

16 comments:

shauna said...

Rachel, what a cute picture! It actually rivals those Anne Geddes pictures. I'd probably hang it out every Christmas!

And don't you hate having them get shots. Kaleb, at 5, actually climbed under the table and hid when finding out he'd be getting his flu shot last year. To rival her brother, Leah bit down and smiled through her shot (not just flu). The nurses actually started to worry about her--"you can cry," they said to which Leah let out this wicked not-gonna-cry laugh. Too funny...

Corey & Rachelle said...

Cute PIC of JJ love the eyes shut! Sorry about the shots! Lunch is on for Thursday @ noon ZUPAS? Cas is in too.

Corey & Rachelle said...

Rachel...Corey and Rachelle is Lindsay not Corey...SORRY!

Gustogirl said...

I love this picture of JJ. I am sorry that he had a rough morning! PJs the rest of the afternoon sounds like a good idea! Give him a big squeeze from his Auntie!

Beanie said...

I love how much you love JJ. I always felt the same way when I took a baby in for shots--like somehow I was betraying that sweet, earnest, trusting face.

pinkmorning said...

love the pic, love the boy, love the mom...

Erin said...

I hate shots too! Jill gets all her 1 year ones in 3 weeks--how sucky is that! I hate when they look at you after the nurse sticks them--like "how could you let her do that to me!" Breaks your heart!

Angie said...

Shots are hard for all involved. I guess that is what they call tough love.

WorksForMom said...

Oh yes, those dang shots are AWFUL and they just keeping getting harder the older they get and actually KNOW what's coming! But it's for the greater good, right?

That shot is absolutely PERFECT. That is truly the money shot!

Toni said...

OMG, that is the cutest photo I have seen in a long time. Seriously.

And shots. Ugh! They are the worst. My son goes in for his 1 year check up in 3 weeks and I am already dreading it.

thekirnancrib said...

awwww. poor baby. I think we are needin' some video of this cutie's vocabulary!!! :)

linds said...

I love that picture of JJ. I'm sorry his appointment didn't go so well... our last 3 have been rough. At least he's healthy.

Kirnan just reminded me of a video I have of Porter. I better post it up.

KiMnRoB said...

Poor little guy. He was not a happy camper last night. He is such a sweet little thing. I love that he was cuddling with his dad all night. I actually have a picture of it that I should send you! He has those cute gloves on that you bought him!

P.S. I had NO idea that he wasn't sleeping in this picture? I always thought he was!
Fun Fact!

Spammon said...

wow, he looks as peaceful as peach cobbler.

That's definately the bad stretch of dr. appointments. That 16 month one was BRUTAL!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Oh my gosh, I am crying with love from the adorableness of this picture!!!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

Rachel said...

Seriously the cutest "weed" I have ever seen!