Saturday, November 24, 2007

Next Stop, Christmas.

My house has emptied and the floors have been cleaned. I guess that Thanksgiving is over. We had so much fun and I can't remember the last time a week flew by so quickly. Every moment seemed to be filled with cooking cleaning, laughing, talking, envying Oprah's Favorite Things audience, or candy factory tours. It has been made abundantly clear to me that Thanksgiving is a lot of work, but I really enjoyed it and it only comes once a year right? Thies year'rs baking/cooking list included:



Gingerbread houses from Scratch


Grammie's Famous Apple Pies


Aunt Julie's Rolls


Aunt Julie's Better-than- almost antying- Jello


Angie's Green Bean Casserole


Made up Stuffing (combination of many recipes)


Mashed potatoes


Gravy


Jeremy's Favorite Salad


and, of course, the star... TURKEY!




I can't believe it but it all came together.


Here is our table.


Mostly it was just so much fun to be together and watch JJ get to play with his cousins and family he doesn't get to see much. Joel and JJ were fast friends again and it was so fun to watch them call each other's names and give hugs.

8 comments:

pinkmorning said...

dave and i were so impressed with how lovely everything turned out...and your table was decorated so beautiful...all your dinner looked so yummy, i am salivating just thinking about it. way to go Martha, i mean Rachel...

Gustogirl said...

When I sat down to eat that meal, I was so impressed!! Everything was so great! Thanks again for all your hard work.

LindsSawyer said...

Sounds like you pulled it off! Congrats!I still cant get over the paper mache...wow!

WorksForMom said...

BEAUTIFUL! Everything (including your family I might add)! Hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving; it looks like you did!

megan&steve said...

Great Thanksgiving this year Rach. If it was at your house, I LOVE you cabinets. I hope you weren't stressed. You can definately decorate and entertain!

shauna said...

You ARE Martha Stuart, only without the rap sheet. :) What a bEEautiful spread.

MomOf3 said...

What a beautiful table setting! I love the last picture of the boys together. What cuties they are!

Angie said...

Looks like everything came off splendidly. It is both fun and busy to be the hostess. Well done!