Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Howdy HO..

I just had to share the news. We built our home in a brand new neighborhood full or builders who had purchases lots for home speculation. The recent housing lull has not been good to our neighborhood. Like so many spec houses, those on our street have not sold. Although we were the first ones finished, the other homes were close on our heels and have sat vacant for months and months. I thought something was up when I saw the Qwest van outside the next door house yesterday, and this morning I soke up to this.
I can only conclude that we are getting neighbors. I hope they are nice and that they have a 15 month old little angel for a future playmate for JJ. Maybe we will be friends. Do I sound desperate or is it just months of neighbor-loneliness showing? We loved our next door neighbors Perhaps they will even lay some sod. If so, we will be out of town that day. We are really good neighbors...
And, Yes.. I took these from my front windows, so as long as they don't think that I am stalker lady with camera we should be good. I may even bering them cookies, but I am not committing to that just yet.

7 comments:

Gustogirl said...

I don't know how you have done it with no neighbors, I don't think I could handle that.(of course if Scott's schedule was different, I might feel differently.) YEAH for your new neighbors! I hope they are nice and have kids and they are everything you ever hoped for in a neighbor, or at least not crazy, hahaha.

thekirnancrib said...

stalker! hehe. I wish we had "good" neighbors! ours are middle aged men who want nothing to do with us except to say hi when mowing the lawn. Seems like you have a good chance of getting a family next door... hope, hope! :)

the daily knack said...

Something weird about my hood... most everyone keeps their blinds closed ALL the time. I have to have sunlight or I feel super dreary.

We all stalk our neighbors out the windows, don't we? at least I do! ha! I'm happy that you guys are finally getting some neighbors.

huckdoll said...

this post reminds me of growing up on a cul-de-sac all my life no one moved forever. then suddenly over the course of a few years, moving trucks rolled in, i hoped and prayed it would be a cute boy and we'd fall in love and live happily ever after. the one time guys my age moved in, they were butt ugly and i avoided them at all costs.

that being said, new neighbors are fun to discover. love the pictures!

shauna said...

I hope they are fabulous neighbors. And I hope there's a little playmate over there for JJ.

WorksForMom said...

Woo hoo! Lets hope they are fun, cool neighbors. And that they didn't see you stalking them. :)

DAVE & STEPH DIAL FAMILY said...

Dave & I are still hoping that you change your mind and move back next to us!! I hope you like your new neighbors, but don't have too much fun with them!!