Sunday, October 14, 2007

Simmer Down

Ever have one of those weekends where you can't keep your temper in check? It seems that the past few days my blood has been boiling. I guess some people call it PMS, but it is definitely not that time.. so what could it be?? I feel like I am on the edge of a rage and no one better push me because I will be more than happy to jump right in.

I know that negative feelings tend to just breed more negative feelings, so I am not going to rant, in fact, in my efforts to be a decent human, I have come up with a list of reasons why I know that this anger is totally irrational.

1. I am serious blessed in my life. (great family, great child, the whole nine...)

2. Despite many obstacles in the mortgage industry, I have closed a couple loans, and even have a pipeline (always great in a sales job). I know that this, too, is a blessing.

3. I am able to spend all day with my favorite person: JJ, who continually keeps life fresh, funny, and fun.

4. I am well fed, I have running water, and clean sheets (the basics)

Okay... so the list could be longer, but as you can see.. I really have no reason to turn into "the Hulk" every ten to fifteen minutes. Please tell me this is normal, and that it will all soon pass.
Thank you and good night.

10 comments:

Gustogirl said...

That was me all week too, seriously. In fact I raised my voice the other day at Clark and he asked me, "Mom, why are you the only grown up that yells?" "Thank you, Thank you, I humbly accept this award for the worst mother in the world!"

Jayna & Fam said...

Even if it's not that time, I just chalk it up to PMS because that gives you a rational reason to be irrational, and sort of forgives the temporary insanity. It also gives you permission to just wake up tomorrow and have a great day!

the daily knack said...

I have been on the edge lately too. Little things upset me, everything is a big deal and I just find myself going about my day to day not really enjoying anything. I force myself to slow down and remember the things I am grateful for and to enjoying the things I am doing at that moment.

I am sure it is just a little funk we are all experiencing, it will pass!

P.S. I am LOVING the book! I'm more than halfway done with the first! Thanks for the recommendation.

bad said...

Hi, I hade to stop and write something just because your blog is beautiful. And yes, there is a lot of positive things we should care more about.
Daniel

Beanie said...

Hey sweetheart. What a smart way to handle your anger. I am learning that you can either live with a sense of injustice (you try so hard all the time and things still don't work out the way you want them to) or gratitude. (I loved President Eyring's talk in conference--looking every day for the places God has been in your life and blessed you and writing them down.)
I love you.

thekirnancrib said...

you are SO normal... I do the same thing... make mental list of how I have everything I could ever want, but wonder why and how I get so agitated so quickly! I need to focus on all of my BLESSINGS...

LikeAstaR said...

Wow.. thanks for the words. This was sort of therapeutic... I woke up feeling much better today.

Rachel said...

....by the way...it must have been going around because you are not the only blog or person that I have read/talked to that had a weekend like that. Myself included. We are complex creatures!

Angie said...

It is always good to count your blessings when you are feeling down, as cliche as it seems, it really does work. I come in contact often with people who are trying to find ways to live in the U.S. because there are so many opportunities here and we are very blessed. That always helps keep me in check. I am glad that you are feeling better. BTW- your blog is super fancy schmancy.

shauna said...

Oh, have I felt my blood boil lately. You picked a positive way to approach it though--what a great post! (I've just been practicing the if-you-don't-have-anything-nice-to-say principle and haven't posted at all lately).