Thursday, October 18, 2007

RECIPE Exchange

Okay, Natalie at Hankstown had a great idea. You know those Recipe exchange emails (that are really just a chain letter) and that never end up being very successful? Anyway, here is a great way to help to make it successful. Post a favorite recipe on your blog, then invite others to do the same. I am linking to the blogs that I know have participated, but feel free to leave a comment once your post is up so that others can partake of your culinary genius as well!

These are very healthy, so filling, and really yummy! You use whole wheat flour, and applesauce instead of most of the oil. Next time I make them I am going to try to use SPLENDA for baking instead of the sugar.

Don't expect them to be super sweet. My Spinning class instructor gave me the recipe, but I changed a couple of things.

Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg (personally.. I htought this was too much nutmeg.. maybe try half)
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
2 tbs oil
1 tsp almond extract
(I actually put some semi-sweet chips in these as well).

Preheat the oven to 350. In a medium bowl, mix dry ingrediants and set aside. In a large bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, oil, and almond extract. Slowly add the flour mixture to tha large bowl until just blended. Do not over beat (you muffins will not be fluffy!). Pour the batter into muffin cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool slightly. Remove the muffins from the pan, and let cool completely.

4 comments:

KiMnRoB said...

I took your advice and posted a favorite recipe of mine! It is of the Monkey Bread that we made for the boys last Valentine's Day!
Oh how I love the fattening treats!
Enjoy!

the daily knack said...

I can't wait to bake these! I love muffins on sunday morning. I better get some big muffin tins!

pinkmorning said...

i still need to give these muffins a go. it would be fun to use my jumbo muffin pan:)

Mariah "Sniggles" Proctor said...

I'm lovin all the pumpkin recipes....mmmm...tis the season!