Monday, October 22, 2007

Haircuts are Fun

Today Jeremy and I took JJ to the new haircuttery for kids that just opened down the street. It is called "Cookie Cutters," and JJ had a blast!

They had a giant slide inside and he loved climbing up the stairs and sliding down all by himself. He is a little daredevil. Then he got to choose his "ride" (the seats are cars/trucks/airplanes) and a movie (each station has an LCD with a DVD player). JJ watched Elmo, had a sucker and was in heaven!


Here are some of the cute pictures we got.



I know that they thought I was "crazy mom with camera" but JJ just melts my heart! I can't stand but to take pictures of him!

The cost was about 15 bucks, so it was pricey, but he did really well... so it may be worth it in the future. I was a bit disappointed, however, because it is clear that they are selling the "experience," and I did not get the best service... some of the ladies seemed a little annoyed.

10 comments:

the daily knack said...

Looks like a fun place! It sure puts Porters barbershop to shame. lol!

Andrew, Cas and Stockton said...

Hey Rach! I decided to start a blog recently because yours is always so cute! I have been thinking about how you need to write a book because you have such a way with words! I love your posts about JJ because he is such a cute boy! It is amazing how these cute kids can just melt your heart. Being a mom is the BEST!

KiMnRoB said...

JJ is so CUTE!! I love how he is trying to bite on that sucker!
My friend Danielle used to work at the one in Draper, she loved the atmosphere of all the little kids. Guess it takes a certain type of person to work there... Maybe "Kellie" should be a little nicer to her clients!

Pinks & Blues said...

OMG! Rachel... JJ looks ADORABLE!! How cute. That last photo just kills me!! Look at that face!!! Oh.. I love the photos. I"m SO the crazy-mom-with-the-camera-everywhere-here!! Love it!!
- Audrey

pinks & blues girls said...

Oh my gosh, SO cute! JJ is just adorable! And that place is so cool... I wish they had those around when I was a kid! I would have begged for a haircut every week!

Jane, Pinks & Blues

pinkmorning said...

wow, yeah, the girl cutting his hair doesn't look happy at all...

Rachel said...

Annoyed??? I wonder if when they interviewed these girls for the job they thought to ask them if they liked kids. It might have been a helpful trait in a place like this.

Other than that...go wild with the camera...your child is so adorable!
My favorite is the middle picture where he is smiling and his eyes are crinkled into that half-moon shape. So cute!

Natalie said...

Wow! That's quite the hair cutting place! You'd think that the people would have to be extra nice b/c they're dealing with kids!

Jayna & Fam said...

At least his hair looks awesome!

LindsSawyer said...

Rach...I can't wait to go to cookie cutters and watch Lion King while they cut my hair! What a cute place! We should of thought of that business plan!!!

LS