Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wowsa


Recently I read a glowing book review on a friend's blog (where else?), because I always love a good reccomendation, I decided to check it out. My intereste was definitely piqued when I went to the library to check the book out and all 500+ copies in the system were gone... and there were 800+ holds for the book. Realizing, that it could take months before I could borrow one, I broke down and purchased it. I knew SOMETHING was up with this book when, at the bookstore ,I was hunting with two other people for the same novel. I have always bought into buzz.

Twilight is (please don't laugh) a book about a vampire, written by a former BYU co-ed. It is about 500 pages, but categorized as "You Adult Fiction," so it is a really easy read. I started it Sunday morning, and was basically done with it that night. Although, I do not generally get into fantasy type books, this story really pulls you in and definitely keeps those pages turning. The love story sort of made me want to puke sometimes, but it was definitely entertaining. I reccomend it, but don't try to borrow it from the library (at least if you live in SLC).

Greatfully there are two more books in the series, and the next one is already scheduled to come out next fall....

7 comments:

pinkmorning said...

glad you found it...and even more glad you liked it. i will have to remember that. i started a really good book this past weekend...little more serious, but fascinating called "the female brain" i think you would like it.

Jayna & Fam said...

Welcome to the ridiculous bandwagon! The same phenomenon occurs here--- all copies, gone all the time. Except I'm in YOung Womens, and NONE Of them have even heard of the twilight series. So it's basically being sucked off the shelves by stay-at-home mormon mothers- is that hilarious or what? Escapism? I think so! (I know it worked for me...!)

Rachel said...

I am going to have to read this one...

the daily knack said...

I can't wait to finish my current book so I can move on to this one!

lys said...

I'm always looking for a good read! Thanks for the info!

shauna said...

Okay, so I was embarrassed myself to tell people when I was reading the first two books in the series. I was totally sucked in (and I'm not much of a sci-fi person), and now I can't read the final book in the series (and I'll borrow it from my sister in two weeks, so I can't wait!).

Mariah "Sniggles" Proctor said...

Yea everyone at school has been reading that! This girl in chorus was reading it and the cover was hanging open so I saw that the girl was from BYU---crazy cool!