Monday, September 10, 2007

If they jumped off a bridge....

Eveywhere you look, everyone is in leggings these days. They are sort of this year's "gouchos."
My first instinct was repulsion, but the more of my stylish friends, cute sister-inlaws, and celebrities I saw in them, the more I thought, those aren't so bad. So, I took the plunge this weekend. I am pretty sure that I swore that I never would wear leggings but like the lemming I am, I jumped and bought some. I have to say that I really like them. They are comfortable, "fashionable," and really great for fall. However, here is my dilemma, I don't have anything to wear with them. You see, without the appropriate "supporting characters," leggings can really steal the show.

So, is this event so important as to merit a blog post? for anyone who doubts, simply google leggings and you will see countless articles about just this topic. After a little research, I have concluded that tunics, shirts, and dresses would be best paired with the new addition to my wardrobe and I have further concluded that I am not going to spend a boatload, as they will no doubt be out of style within the calendar year. I like a couple things at Target and Old Navy... but think I will actually hit The Mall for more inspiration. I am worried that I won't take myself seriously in m y new leggings, but here goes nothin! If you see me wearing them, please don't laugh!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Since you have already cornered the market on adorable...I am sure you look great in leggings!

pinkmorning said...

i remember in the 80s wearing them with sweatshirts with turtlenecks underneath...i am sure you will look great in them.

Gustogirl said...

So fun. Maybe when you are here you can help me pick some out, so I can hop on the bandwagon too. I think they are cute, but not sure if I could get away with them!

Bananas said...

The ONLY redeeming quality of the 80's. So comfy, so cute. And forgiving of many body shapes!

thekirnancrib said...

whew, at least they got rid of the stirrups! hehe. I'm sure you look so cute in them, I haven't been brave enough to try:)

Kim Tomsick said...

I'm glad you hopped on the legging train- you looked FABULOSO last night! They really are so comfortable. Maybe when we ride bikes we can wear them with a thong leotard over the top. Now THATS 80's!!! Or is it early 90's... Either way, leggings ROCK!

the daily knack said...

I haven't been brave enough to try either! I do like them when I see them on other people. You are good to try new things!

Pinks & Blues Girls said...

I was in NYC this past weekend and saw lots of stylin' women wearing leggings with funky tunic tops... very retro chic! Post photos when you get your 80's groove on!

Sharon - Pinks & Blues Girls

Pinks & Blues said...

Rachel,
I wore them throughout my pregnancy with Ben. I swore I would never do it, but couldn't help to take the plunge! Of course, I wore LONG sweaters! Pregnancy butt not worth looking at!!
- Audrey

shauna said...

I agree with Rachel, Rachel, I bet you look great in them. It would be a sad, sad day for the world when I put some leggings on my badonkadonk butt...

lys said...

I love leggings! Hit up Forever 21 for great deals on tunics/dresses. I got a bunch of leggings and coordinating "tops" for them there.

SAHMmy Says said...

I broke down and bought some, but have yet to sport them outside the house...fear of someone thinking I'm a teenager from behind, then getting a view of my front and being seriously disappointed! Is 32 too old for leggings? I've told my mom that 52 is definitely too old for camo.