Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dr.'s Appointment

So, we went in for JJ's 12 month appointment... a little late, but worth the wait! The good doctor was so impressed with JJ's talking and his abilities. Of course, he probably says that to all of the doting parents, but I ate is with a fork and spoon! JJ had three shots, which was just as hard as it always is... for me. In comes the nurse, he is bouncing and happy and then BAM! his lef is being repeatedly pricked. His little eyes looked up at me, like... haaaayyy!
So, he has been battling a diaper rash from you know where the last few days. NOthing has worked, so I finally decided that it was a yeast infection, and the Doctor confirmed my fear today. A few months ago he had prescribed JJ Nystatin for the same problem, and it didn't work. Today I was prescribed a cocktail of ointments so I hope that this will kick his little infection once and for all! I have been trying to let him "breathe" by going diaperless, but I don't want to clean up wee or worse!

Anyway, here is the update:


JJ is in the 95th percentile for height, 65th for head size, and 75th for weight. He is 31 1/2 inches tall, and 25.3 lbs.


He is growing so fast! I can't believe it. Only one year ago he looked like this....

5 comments:

Rachel said...

what a great picture. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?
I swear it wasn't even that long ago that I first found out that I was pregnant.

mama k said...

grow JJ grow!

We have had a couple yeast rashes. You can buy BabyDopholus at the healthfood store in the refrigerated section. (It is a probiotic. Think "active cultures" in yogurt.) It kicks the yeast rash in like one dose! But you do have to keep giving it to them for at least a week so that it can kill the yeast. It's good for their immune system too so it's a win win. :)

thekirnancrib said...

he's beautiful. then and now! :) I didn't mean to sound harsh in my previous comment, I guess I'm too sensitive in that department....

shauna said...

He's so cute and healthy! And of course they don't say that to all the doting parents. Just you! :) At least that's what I tell myself...

Beanie said...

I remember sleeping with JJ that many nights when he was a newborn. Such a sweet treasured memory.