Thursday, August 16, 2007

Updates all around #2

I know, I have been totally MIA in the blog department lately. Trust that I have been doing good work, planning an all-out birthday shindig for my little man, hosting family, and even been to the doctor a time or two. Thankfully, from m sickbed, I found some time to get some reading in. Oh how I miss a good novel. Since motherhood fully set in, I have not made it through an entire book that wasn't about parenting. I finally finished "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister," written by the author of "Wicked." I enjoyed this book much more than "Wicked," as it seemed more depictive of the traditional Cinderella story. It was a bit slow at first, but I enjoyed it for anyone who likes to read, it is an interesting book to kill a few hours.I have actually started in on my next book, so that may be cutting into blog time as well. I am reading "Scarlett," the sequel from another mother to "Gone with the Wind." I have actually read the Reader's Digest version, but really liked it enough to launch into the alomst 1000 page unabridged version. I will give a full report when I finish it in two years. Where does my time go?

Let's see, we have invited my husband's brother and his wife to live with us for a little while until they find a new house. Was this simply a ploy to finish our long-drawn out basement project? Actually, no. Heaven knows we have stayed with others when we have needed, so it is sort of paying it forward. We are looking forward to hosting the Tomsicks. JJ especially loves having people around. He is really very social. I have known this from his birth, but recently, it has really been apparant. It is fun to see him notice people around him and try to make them smile. He always turns his head once he gets their attention.. Sort of hard to get. So adorable!! I love it.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that I am back to the bloggy world... I really enjoy reading blogs, and updating mine, so I just have to get back in the habit. It has been crazy around here!

5 comments:

the daily knack said...

I am glad you are back!

thekirnancrib said...

so where are the picures of your completed basement?! :)

megan&steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan&steve said...

I'm so glad you are back in action! You are such a cute mommy Rach and I'm sure JJ had the PaRtY of the year!

shauna said...

So glad you're back! And what cute birthday pictures!