Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Throw away the Key


It seems that every time I grab a red cart, I am doomed. We just got our newest Target, making the gigantic blackhole for our wallet within about 3 minutes of my house. Target seems to be the catch-all. Need to spruce up JJ's summer wardrobe? Quick gallon of milk? Flyswatter? Sunday dress? Throw pillow? Although many stores have tried to be the "one-stop shop" that everyone needs, Target has truly mastered this category. Somehow, they have made it acceptable to buy a shirt/purse/shoes at the same place you could pick up extra diapers. The thing is, their stuff is really cute. I love everything from the trendy jewelry to the home decor... and I am not the only one. Everyone seems to love Target. I recently found this blog that is dedicated to all things red-spot.
Today I am taking to Tar-jey for a few things. I am absolutely sure that I will end up spending much more than I set out to. Afterall, I must browse the clearance rack in the clothes department in case there is some fabulous deal to be had; and I have to go down the baby aisle to see what is there that I can't live without. What is wrong with me?? I guess that I am a SLAVE TO TARGET TOO.

5 comments:

thekirnancrib said...

there is nothing wrong with you.... I could LIVE at Target. I used to be so snobby.... only buy clothes from the mall, definitely never at Walmart or other "one stop" store... now, I can't get enough of Target's clothes, and JEWELRY! have you seen the new fall stuff in the jewelry section? beautiful!

the daily knack said...

I love Target. What did we do before it came to our state?

thekirnancrib said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinks & blues girls said...

There is definitely a $20 cover charge you must pay before going into Target. It is impossible to enter that place without spending money!

Jane, P&B Girls

shauna said...

Sheesh! I've been slacking for too long--I've missed too many of your fun posts. Tar-gey! I love it!